It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 10:13 PM   #1

dbroadwell HB User
Question Odd Molar / Maxillary Issue

The symptoms started three weeks ago as a mild pain that was very hard to identify. First it was in my lower right molars, all of the teeth got sensitive. Then over days as it slowly intensified, the bottom teeth felt fine and out of the blue the top molars on the upper right side got sensitive. Then it intensified more, starting to cause waves of pain that required my full attention.

I was thinking I had a abcessed tooth, the cross tooth pain is not too odd for me. However it was not a abcessed tooth, the horrid pain i was feeling (with x-Ray) was a cavity in my furthest back upper right molar. ... As i was having that fixed, while I was still numb from the injection I got More pain. Did some poking at the pressure points, maxillary sinus pressure ...

I treated with Sleep (Nyquil), and round the clock nasal decongestant and motrin (anti-inflamitory). Added to A herbal mixture as a anti-oxidant and some Golden Seal. The pain and sinus pressure completely abated for 5 great days. Yay!

Then we hit 6 days ago, and I started to see the progression again. Lower molars, then upper molars, then waves of siuns pressure and pain. But I noticed something new in all of this today, there is a bit of swelling on the outside (and inside) round the base of my second lower molar, and the tooth feels a little loose, so i am assuming an infection there. I've been doing sinus irrigation with 'Buffered Saline', and sleeing with my head back ... seems to make the sinuses drain. Nasal decongestant and motrin keep the pain to a manageable level. Nyquil or sleep aid required to sleep. With NO drugs, the pressure always increases when I lay down or go over bridges and hills. Sometimes I can feel it in my right ear as a itching or pressure. No swelling in the lymph system except in the immediate area of the lower second right molar.

I'm assuming the second molar is infected, at least around it.

The question; If the 'seat' of the infection is in the second lower molar, can it be causing maxillary sinus pain/pressure? (traveling via the nerve bundles?)

If not; Ideas?
(history; Wisdom teeth long since gone, pulled in the military. I have large Maxillary sinuses. Both of my lower molars on that side are crowned, neither is root canaled, I had peices break off and got too it before abcess. I have about 8 days untill I can go in for a full mouth Xray with the insurace. )

------------------
--

David Broadwell

David Broadwell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread