It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 11:25 PM   #1

Liisa HB User
Post Can a loose tooth be saved? Need Advice!!!!

I recently had a crown put on for a root canal done a year ago. I was having pain in my ear which we thought was that tooth. But in checking my teeth he said the tooth next to the root canal tooth had a hollow sound to it. Nothing showed up on the xray.
I had had a gum infection from the root canal tooth and he thought maybe that was the problem.
This tooth feels funny if you push on it from the back. It doesn't hurt, but it feels unstable. I can actually move it a little. ?????
I have not had many teeth problems in my time and this has me really scared. If a tooth gets loose like this
is there any way to save it? Is there anything I can do until I can get back to a dentist???
What would cause this? I never injured the tooth but I do have alot of pain in that side of my face in the jawbone alot, and close to the front of the ear.
Infection perhaps???

Old 09-07-2003, 06:58 PM   #2

Liisa HB User
Surely someone here has had a tooth somewhat loose before??

I am trying to leave the tooth alone. It is barely loose, I just wish I knew why it was this way and what to do about it.

Hoping someone can relate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 07:56 PM   #3
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
I did have a loose tooth before. The dentist called it "mobile". Perhaps you could search the internet for mobile teeth. Mine was due to a very short root and very little bone to hold it in. It was a little back top tooth.
The dentist pulled it because it was messing up my bite. But it could be any number of different things.
I have heard a gum infection can make your teeth feel loose. The dentist will likely know what it is for sure.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:03 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
One of my lower back teeth is lose for many years now, I would say about 10 years. I don't think you really can do anything about it. My dentist knows about it and "kept a watch" on it. The last few month this tooth is bothering me a little, it is very lose now and I think it has to come out. I know that sounds not very encourageing but if something can be done about it, wouldn't by dentist have told me?

Old 09-08-2003, 09:04 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
One of my lower back teeth is lose for many years now, I would say about 10 years. I don't think you really can do anything about it. My dentist knows about it and "kept a watch" on it. The last few month this tooth is bothering me a little, it is very lose now and I think it has to come out. I know that sounds not very encourageing but if something can be done about it, wouldn't by dentist have told me?

Old 09-08-2003, 09:05 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Unhappy

Old 09-11-2003, 01:27 AM   #7

diane synder HB User
yeah i have two loose teeth but my is due to this gum disease one of them is so loose i can wiggle it back and forward and they are pulling them today just check with your dentist and see what he says about it .yep today im having teeth pull sept 11 i dont know if this help you or not

Old 09-11-2003, 01:29 AM   #8

diane synder HB User
you might not if have the same issue i had that why i think you should check with the dentist because it could be a numerous of reason

Old 09-11-2003, 06:17 AM   #9
(male)

blackthug881 HB User
i had a lose tooth before from trauma it will get tight again if you leavce it alone but it might become abcess

Closed Thread