It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 12:49 PM   #1

Lialorea HB User
Post Weird bump on tongue

I saw my dentist yesterday about a bump on the back of my tongue. It's not those large tastebuds back there, but it sort of looks like it could be one that might have gotten infected. It's about 4mm in size and about 8mm from the edge of my tongue on the left. I was afraid it could be cancer or a wart or something, but my dentist only told me that it wasn't in the right spot to be either of those things. He told me to watch it for 2 weeks and if it doesn't go away, he'll refer me to an oral surgeon for a biopsy. I'm freaked out! I know that he said he's pretty confident it's not anything to worry about, but I'm still really worried, anyway. I don't smoke or drink and I'm young (25), so he thinks there's nothing to really get worked up about.

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else before? Every day I look in my mouth and the bump stays the same. It's the same color as the rest of my tongue, and it doesn't hurt. I can feel it in the back of my throat, though. It feels like a hair is stuck back there. My dentist wanted to know if I'd been eating spicy foods lately, but I haven't been. I do, however, have a horrible diet. I usually get mouth ulcers when I've been eating badly, but this is the first time I've ever noticed this sort of thing (though I have felt the "hair in the back of the throat" sensation once before, a few months ago and it went away after a while).

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread