It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 02:58 PM   #1

shans38 HB User
Post white dots on tip of Tongue

my Tongue has what look like white taste buds on the tip of iti pulled one off with twizers, it was sore, but it came off ok, now it looks like a hollow hole and white around the edges. the next day there was another one across from it. they are the size of the taste buds, and are sore and hard? what could this be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 03:17 PM   #2

princess J 1997 HB User
Hi
To me this sounds like what I get sometimes. I think they are simply called "swollen taste buds". I sometimes get them if I eat something too hot (ex:french fries that aren't cool enough) or sometimes they just appear. They are kindof painful and really annoying, but mine just usually go away within a few days. I know, you just want to rip them away, but I just leave mine alone. Don't know what they are exactly caused from. ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 06:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
I get white sores on my tongue and boy do they hurt. They are tiny hard like dots. I get them usually on the tip of my tongue.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Re: white dots on tip of Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattys
I get white sores on my tongue and boy do they hurt. They are tiny hard like dots. I get them usually on the tip of my tongue.
Do you know what causes them? I get these too and I don't know if this is a serious medical problem as I tend to get these not that often, but often enough!

Old 03-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #5
(male)

mikeb HB User

I also am searching for the answer to the "white dots" on the tongue.
I have noticed a pattern with myself and was curious if anyone else has experienced the same. The day after I eat an orange or grapefruit or pinapple, I get the "white dots" on my tongue and they seem to usually hang around for a few days after. Anyone else have the same? (or maybe a different type of food?)

Old 03-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
(male)

sts22 HB User

These are probably canker sores (ulcers). they can last up to two weeks, and their cause is unknown. They can occur on the cheeks, lips and tongue. 60% of the population gets them periodically.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:37 PM   #7
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User

When I went to the orthodontist the other day I asked her and she said they can come from eating spicy foods.

Just my 2 cents!!

Old 03-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbuggy3
When I went to the orthodontist the other day I asked her and she said they can come from eating spicy foods.

Just my 2 cents!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 04:29 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

katkat HB User

I wonder if they are in any way connected or related to the cold sores, my but arent they annoying?

Closed Thread