It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
(female)

NCgirl1986 HB User
Post My Tongue STINKS!

I know for a fact that my tongue stinks which causes me to have bad breath. I've tried those cheap $2 tongue scraper but they dont work. (Maybe the copper ones work better?) I went to the dentist and he didn't do anything but give me some terrible tasting gum. Any suggestions???

P.S. That's the only dentist in my area so I can't get a second opinion

Old 07-26-2003, 05:46 PM   #2

Starmartyr HB User
This might sound dumb, but do you brush your tongue? I know some people don't, and they have the worst smelling breath.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2003, 06:11 AM   #3
(female)

NCgirl1986 HB User
Every single day

Old 07-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User
I brush my tongue and then I take a clean face cloth and rub over it. You will be surprised at what you get off it. May be this will help.

Old 07-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #5

rcarr2 HB User
Yor might have the same problems that I have. I brush my tongue everyday, but sometimes it wouldn't smell and sometimes it would. Also, you might have tonsil stones. Food gets caught in the folds of the tonsils and they make tonsil stones. Luckily, I found a solution. I bought a mouth wash and toothpaste from QVC called TriOral. I am so so so happy now. It is possible to have fresh breath for 24 hours.

Maybe you should check that out and let me know how it worked for you.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
(female)

NCgirl1986 HB User
Talking

Thank you so much for the recommendation, I will definitely try it. This is like music to my ears. I will let you know what happens.

Old 08-06-2003, 02:58 PM   #7

princeta HB User
How long have u been using Tri oral, becuase i use it too, but doesnt seem to solve my problem

Old 08-09-2003, 04:52 PM   #8

Respo Mycojackson HB User
I got the answer - I will be very surprised if it does not give you complete satisfaction.

*** Use hydrogen Peroxide. simple eh?
Try to find "the good stuff", which is 35% Food Grade H202, and then be sure to dilute it to 3%, or 4%, with distilled water.

Once you have the good 3%, you can dilute it further with tap water as you rinse your mouth. use at 3% when you get comfortable with the bubbles and taste. It is totally harmelss when used like this.
REMEMBER TO ALLWAYS DILUTE THE 35% H202.

I have a spray bottle with 3.5%, and i spray my tongue with that, let it sit there undisturbed for about 10 seconds, then rinse and do it again. This first one is just to clear out the worst of the bad stuff on your tongue, so the H202 won't react as much, and that cuts down on the burning feeling [not bad, not dangerous].
The second application should sit there for about one minute, or if there is unpleasant burning feeling, just rinse at that point.

I gaurnatee this to be safe. Even swallowing some wo'nt hurt, but avoid that for now. Read up on oral dosing with H202 if you intend to swallow it.

As you notice the bubbling on your tongue, after about one minute, brush slow and hard with a stiff brush or scrapper, one stroke at a time, then rinse the brush and do another stroke.

Also, once you become comfortable using this miracle, you can gargle. This will cure any throat infections that may be causing the tongue infections. Again, don't swallow it for now.

You WILL NOTICE a whiter teeth shade too. This is a very safe and certain thing my dear... There is a reason why doctors don't use H202 publicly [but it is used widely in hospitals!!!!] - the reason being that it is NOT PATENTABLE. That means the big pharmacy cannot make a monopoly out of it, the profits are very low for things that are not patentable, same reason that herbs and plnat based medicines are not being used.

So join the conspiracy busters, and try one of the FORBIDDEN CURES - H202!!!

Remember to allways dilute the 35% H202. There is a reason it comes at such a high strength, and why that is better. Dilute it at home is best.

[Edited to remove personal contact information and website information.]

[This message has been edited by Well-come (edited 08-09-2003).]

Old 09-01-2003, 12:50 AM   #9
Inactive

Louise2 HB User
Where can i buy this peroxide from? I am willing to try ANYTHING!

Old 09-01-2003, 04:29 PM   #10
Inactive

Louise2 HB User
NCGIRL,

We have the same awful, embarrasing, life changing problem. I thought I was the only person in the entire world who suffered from CONSTANT CHRONIC smelly breath due to a white coating on my tongue.

On another section of this website, I found someone that claims mixing baking soda, vinegar and peroxide together will clear and clean the coating on our tongue. I also heard that if you sprinkle salt on your tongue before scrubbing it with your tooth brush it will help too.

I am off to try and find some peroxide today, and I am going to give it all ago. I really hope this works. These days I do not hold much hope, I have tried so many things. I have kind of come to the realisation that I may just have to live with it. That means that I can never do the things that I have always wanted to do, due to the constant fear that someone is going to tell me that I have rotten stinking breath. I am used to spending a lot of time alone due to this problem.

Old 09-14-2003, 09:40 PM   #11
Inactive

justice23 HB User
You guys need to try the Therabreath products. They kill the VSC's (Volatile Sulfur Compounds) which causes stinkiness and the white coating on your tongues. Works for me when I use consistently, I too gargle with Hydrogen Peroxide. I think it definitely helps with that as well as gum problems should you have them.

-kevin

Closed Thread