It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 06:43 PM   #1

fatkittykat19 HB User
Post Someone please help me(horrible pain)!

Hi can some1 plzz help me? I recently went to the dentist because of constant pain in one of my teeth,he said nothing was wrong with the tooth alone,and said i grind my teeth and that is most likely why i was having such horrible pain....this pain is constant,and severe..and its been going on for almost 3 weeks now!Is 3weeks normal to be having such bad pain from grinding? Also i have a small lump on the inside of my moth between my gums and inner cheek,and when i press on it my lip tingles and goes numb for a few minutes! Can someone help me??????? Pretty plzzz i cant take this pain much longer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
I would go get a secone opinion. I know grinding will cause teeth pain but the lump you describe and what happens when you press on it would concern me.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by cattys (edited 09-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 04:13 AM   #3

fatkittykat19 HB User
Thnx for your reply! Well i went to the ER lastnight! The lump she said is a swollen nerve! But still my question remains......."the 3week pain".....is it normal? Or should the pain be easing up by now and not getting worse??? Help!!!!

Old 09-06-2003, 08:38 AM   #4
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
Unfortunately, nerves can take a long time to heal.
Your doctor should be able to give you something for the pain though. Sorry you are feeling so badly.

Old 09-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #5

fatkittykat19 HB User
Talking

I want to thank everyone that replied to my question.....Well i went to the dentist today he didnt find anything wrong with my tooth.He does not know why i am having these problems at all.No infection,no abscess! My jaw is very swollen....but no answer why?I'm confused,he was also.It's weird, i have been to the dentist twice,and the ER 3 times still no answer...oh well im juss happy my tooth is ok and healthy.Thank You guys!

Old 09-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #6
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
Did the dentist suggest a night guard to protect your teeth from the grinding? Sometmes they do that.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:17 PM   #7

dbroadwell HB User
Be aware, If you are talking about your upper teeth;

It could be sinus.

Do some searching on 'Maxillary Sinus' ...

good luck.

------------------
--

David Broadwell

David Broadwell

Old 09-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #8

tmello HB User
Go to an oral surgeon or a peridontist.
I started with a tooth (upper molar) hurting. I went to 3 dentists who found nothing wrong. The pain moved to the left sinus then cheek then eye then face and head.After months of seeing every doctor you can think of and being diagnosed with migranes and depression I got to the point I could no longer chew. I was sent to an oral surgeon. He did a different kind of xray and found my tooth was cracked. I just had it removed. There were 2 pockets above it full of infection that was clear in color. He said that means all the different antibiotics I was and am still taking for months were not fighting the infection. I no longer have tooth pain but my face and eye still hurt. I hope and pray my doc can find a way to take care of this too. Make them take care of your tooth before it spreads.
Good luck

Old 09-20-2003, 02:34 PM   #9

Respo Mycojackson HB User
it is likely infection.

The dentists and doctors don't see eye to eye on this, and there is no blood test to confirm an infection that is causing systemic problems.

Avoid a root canal, they also become health issues. Likely, now that it has been doing it for a few eekks, your best, safest solution if extraction. You could be saving yourself from chronic illness. I sure wished someone would have suggested this as at least a possibility - I was disabled for 15 years, great pains all over, but worst in the teeth. Headaches, leg cramps, low back pains, vision problems, bowel disease etc etc. It went on and on, I saw every kind of doctor and dentist. No help at all, often even called me a faker and a liar.

Then I got extractions, and those symptoms went away. Then one of my few remaining teeth got painfull again two weeks ago, and all those problems came back.
It is a type of infection that lives in little cracks in fillings, or in root canals, or just along the jawbone. See Focal Point infection. [I know, hardly any info available!].
They don't care, they know that a lot of money can be made by both the doctors and the dentists while we suffer. I tried and tried to get extractions done, and they refused, and then when I finally got them done, VIOLA!!! - my health problems that had no answers were suddenly answered. This makes me so mad, because I lost so much during my disability. it is a large and ugly conspiracy. Thats hard to believe, I know, but please protect yourself from medical and dental professionals. Tell them what you need, demand it, they are very tricky.

Old 09-21-2003, 02:25 AM   #10

jwarneka HB User
Be very , VERY carefull,
I have had alot of experience where infection is concerned, unfortunately,

1st off, there are a few things to ask yourself,
1, is this lump hard, or soft and more like a bubble,?
2, is there any hardening of your facial tissue or increased pressure in your face where the problem is?
3, have you been running even a low grade fever since any of this started, or feeling ill?

Any of these symptoms could signal a serious infection, that needs to be treated ASAP, either with strong antibiotics, or a possible drainage of the area,
when my front tooth went bad, the whole right side of my upper lip along with the right side of my face swelled up to the point of throbbing, and there was a bubble on my gums above where the tooth was, if it were me, I would keep pressing untill you get some definet answers, you DO NOT want any infection to spread to your bone, wich it can do, if left intreated,

Good luck, and I hope the pain goes away soon

Closed Thread