It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #1

Whispering_pines40 HB User
Unhappy A bit scared!

Today was my 3rd appt. with the dentist that is doing my dentures. I have one more to go. He showed me my teeth still on the mold. What scares me is that the uppers were very loose. When he asked me to say '33', 66, and mississippi it was terrible. The uppers kept falling down. I told him that there was a big gap between the roof of my mouth and where the denture was hitting. Will he be able to fix this??? Is there anything that I can say to him so he knows exactly what I am talking about????? I need help....I don't know if I should call his office or what. I told him that there was a gap, but not sure he knew what I meant. SOS SOS SOS

pines

Old 09-22-2003, 05:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Did you tell him there was a gap when you were with him? See, the denture may have to be re-done and no one wants to do that. But that's what you're paying for; dentures that fit you nicely, that are custom made for you.
It's all in their LAB. The lab works for the dentist and the dentist must see to it that the lab makes the dentures per his mold of your mouth. Sometimes, dentists think, "he's imagining things; soon he'll get used to them. " NOT.
Just tell him, in person, that the uppers fall down and they just don't fit. Be confident and firm. And good luck .

------------------

Susan Gene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 05:47 PM   #3

Yos HB User
Hi Pines,

It sounds like you did all you could to convey your concerns about the fit. I doubt that there's more you can say that will help. It's in your dentists hands now. He's the expert and there are just some things you have to trust him with and making sure the denture fits in the end is one of them. There isn't much sense in worrying about a problem that doesn't and may never exist. Try-in dentures are just that - to try. They help to identify any last minute problems so it sounds like it served it's purpose. Everything will probably work out just fine.

Yos

Old 09-23-2003, 10:59 AM   #4

Whispering_pines40 HB User
Smile

Thank you both for you replies. I guess that I needed to hear from a couple of people that I have done all I can do at the moment. This whole process has made me a wreck. But now I guess that is over. Time will tell. Thanks again for your replies. I will let you know what happens on Sept. 29th, the last appt. Bye for now and take care!

Whispering_pines

Closed Thread