It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 11:34 AM   #1

China1980 HB User
Wink Porcelain Veneers-vs-Invisilign

I am debating on either getting porcelain veneers vs invisilign. For anyone who has porcelain veneers or invisilign how is your experience with it? Most like and most dislike about having it?

Here's my dilema: 1 of my front teeth is cricket(sp?) and the 1 teeth next to that teeth is cricket(sp?). All of my other teeths are fine. I do have nice teeth but I really hate those 2 cricket teeths. I never smile with my teeth because of the cricket teeths. Whenever I talk I always try to look down or another place not at people's eyes because I don't want them to stare at the cricket teeths. I have seen alot of dr's about both getting porcelain veneers & invisilign. I need to make a decision. Money is not an issue. I am just so sick of not being happy. Not being able to smile with my teeth. No being confident. I want to enjoy life and I can't looking like this.....

Please anyone & everyone please give me your thoughts, opinions, ideas, inputs... give me as much information as you can... if you have porcelain veneers or invisilign or know of someone that does please give me any information.....

Thanks so much! I'll be checking the boards for any responses. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #2

China1980 HB User
Anyone out there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 02:50 PM   #3

shakespear HB User
I have had my invisiligns for 4 weeks now and I love them.

Old 09-24-2003, 02:22 PM   #4
(female)

franann HB User
My husband has porceline veneers which turned out very nice. If I were you, I would just do the visiline since the only problem you have are those two teeth that are crooked. If you want your teeth to be whiter, you could also bleach them. To put on porceline veneer, they have to grind away alot of your permanent teeth. If you look at the litature, it gives you the expected life of the veneers. I think it is about 15-20 years. At that time you will have no choice but to replace that veneer crown because you won't have hardly anything left of your permanent tooth. My husband was working out of town when one of his veneers came off. He had forgotten to bring his mouthguard that he wears to just to sleep. I had to Fedex it to him overnight so that he could wear it all day to keep the veneer in place. He looked pretty silly on the job before that guard came in with what was left of that tooth! I would never compromise permanent teeth unless they were in poor condition.(As was my husband's)

Old 09-24-2003, 02:28 PM   #5

tryingtofeelgood HB User
China I wholeheartedly agree with franann when she says : I would never compromise permanent teeth unless they were in poor condition. I had serious problems after having a porcelain veneer placed on my tooth.

Go for the invisalign - it's non invasive and safer and showing good results

Old 09-24-2003, 03:30 PM   #6

China1980 HB User
Hey you guys THANKS so much for the responses! When no one responded earlier I did alot of thinking... I came up with the same reasons as you guys did.... It's only 2 teeth that I'm not happy with sooo my verdict is to go ahead with invisilign nothing is better than having your own real teeth.... how silly of my to think twice. I have an appt on Sept 30th to get my impressions done to get invisilgn. I"m pretty excited! Hope to join the invisilign group soon! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post & reply!

Luv, China

Closed Thread