It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2003, 03:04 PM   #1

willow24 HB User
Exclamation Invisalign purchasers/wearers!

Hi, I'm new here! Not to the Healthboards, just dental
I never let my slightly crooked/overcrowded teeth bother me because I never wanted braces-- so screw it!.. Well after hearing about invisalign, I began researching and am very interested!!
Heres my question
In reading all of the posts regarding invisalign I have come across only one that mentioned insurance and indicated their insurance might cover 50% of the procedures cost. Has EVERYONE paid out of pocket? I dont think I could afford it unless my insurance co. covered at least half! I emailed the insurance co today and am still waiting on reply.
Thanks!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User
Hi,

I am just seeing your post as I have not been on here in awhile.

I am on my 10th set of aligners and yes my insurance pays half of it just as it would with regular braces.

rmc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2003, 02:49 PM   #3

willow24 HB User
rmc~
Thanks for the reply! Thats awesome you're 50% covered! My insurance co hasnt emailed me back yet
I am going to call them instead-

Just curious....
Have you noticed changes? Do you like them?

Willow

Old 03-04-2004, 09:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User
WILLOW : RE : Invisalign purchasers/wearers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow24
rmc~
Thanks for the reply! Thats awesome you're 50% covered! My insurance co hasnt emailed me back yet
I am going to call them instead-

Just curious....
Have you noticed changes? Do you like them?

Willow
Hi Willow,

I am so sorry this reply is so delayed. I have obviously not been on this board in ages and I just saw this!! Please forgive the very very tardy response.

In answer to your question I do notice changes. I am now on #21 as far as aligners and for the bottom teeth I have to wear 27 of them so I am almost finished on the bottom. Top teeth I have to wear 56 so I have a ways to go there!!

At first I did not think I noticed it much but then I tried to put in aligners from a month ago on too see if there was a difference and they did not align. So that was a good test to see that things are moving. The orthodontist also said it is going along as it should. If there are slight changes that need to be done when I am finished with all the aligners, I will have to wear them for a little longer.

I do like them especially as you can take them off to eat and floss. The reason I am wearing them is that I have some gum problems and having the teeth less crowded will help that the dentist said. I already notice decreased bleeding with my gums. So yes, I am very happy with them and they are I think much easier to tolerate than traditional braces would be. I would have gone that route though but the dentist felt that these would be better if I was a candidate for them as one can floss easier with them as you can take them off to do so.

Hope this helps and again so sorry for the delayed response!!

rmc

Old 03-27-2004, 07:43 PM   #5

venom HB User
Re: Invisalign purchasers/wearers!

i was just wondering how much Invisalin costs on average i want to get braces but only need it on the top and my teeth arent that bad just my two front teeth slightly overlap on the ones next to them. Im 25 now and they never bothered me before but i am starting to notice my teeth are beginning to hurt me more and i think the reasons are 1 cause of the pressure from my wisdom teeth coming in (which i know i have to have them removed cause there is not enough space on the top for them) and 2 cause of years of my teeth being overlaped that they might be getting weaker. Also i know my insurance does not cover braces for me because i am over 23 years of age, which i think is totally stupid. So does anyone have any idea of an insurance company that does cover braces/ invisalin. I would like to know the name of the company so i can contact them.

thanks a bunch for any and all info you can provide me with.

Closed Thread