It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

emmab HB User
Post please help I can't go on much longer

For the past few months on and off I have had tooth pain in the upper right area, but each time I see the dentist she is unable to pinpoint which tooth is the problem. Have had checkups, xrays and she can;t find any decay, plus the tests show the nerves are still alive, so she is confused. Recently the pain has worsened and I am now in almost constant ache, and it is beginning to distract me from work etc. I also noticed that sometimes when I floss in that area there is a semi-rotten smell on the floss. The only guess she makes is that the filling in one of the teeth could have a small crack, but she didnt want to take it out in case that wasnt the problem. I am getting desparate but feel it is pointless seeking help as she will be no further ahead. BTW she is usually a very good dentist. Any suggestions - could a cracked filling do this and cause that smell....and now my whole face that side is aching, right into my bottom teeth too!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
(female)

franann HB User
I would think that if you did have a cavity under the filling, that it would show up on the x-ray. It sounds like the pain is too widespread to be sensitivity. I've had pain that made me sure that I had a cavity, but was informed that it was sensitivity. I had tried a new toothpaste- Arm & Hammer whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth with baking soda. When I went back to my aqua fresh sensitive toothpaste, the pain went away. Maybe you should have an x-ray of your sinuses and surrounding area. Problems with the sinuses can lead to tooth pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #3

tryingtofeelgood HB User
do you notice any drainage with the foul smell? to me it sounds like it could be an infection. this is one of the symptoms. i would go to someone who knows about infections. perhaps she can send you for a bone scan which will show any differentials and infection.

HTH! good luck

Closed Thread