It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 04:45 AM   #1
(female)

happydwarf78 HB User
Post lump/swelling on jaw/gum

I need to start off by saying that I would just go straight to a dentist, but I have no insurance and no money...

I have this lump/swollen spot on my gum or jaw. On the bottom, pretty much straight down from the inside corner of my eye. In other words, slightly off to the side. Its only slightly tender and that is only the lump. None of the corressponding teeth hurt at all. I tried ice on it, but that only hurts it worse. Heat helps, but does not seem to be taken the swelling down.

I am prone to tmd, and sinus infections. But I don't think either of those have anything to do with this. (Although, allergies have been acting up)

Help? Please? I'm starting to look like I have a wad of chew.. and that really isn't attractive on a lady.

~Christie

Old 09-22-2003, 07:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Try a salt water rinse (with table salt and baking soda mixed in warm water). If it is an infection, it might help. If you don't have baking soda, you could just use table salt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2003, 01:30 PM   #3

tryingtofeelgood HB User
If I were you I'd head to a dentist and pay them off monthly. You don't want to mess with mouth infections - they can become quite nasty and painful.

Good luck

Old 09-25-2003, 10:28 PM   #4

mtrtkt HB User
Smile

I had similar experience...I have chronic sinus problems...and was having a great bit of problems with swelling glands from the bad fall allergies...I started medication for allergies and once the glands began to go down..I noticed a swelling along gum lines and a lump below...which may be for you as well..swelling of the glands...they are some located right below chin area...a quick internet search using terms like swelling of gland and tooth decay..verified what I already thought...the lumps and swelling were from tooth..went to dentist (no insurance either but have a payment plan) and found out the roots of my molar were to long and an infection was growing ( hence the swollen glands) he said they swollen glands are sometimes trying to fight the infection..and the lump was an absess starting...along with the lumps were tenderness and pressure...I have an appointment to have tooth extracted in two days...which I DO NOT LIKE>>lol..grr..because I dont respond to navocaine.......You should search information in your local area...most cities have programs for either low income ..or for people without insurance..if worse comes to worse go to local emergency room...some have dentist on call ..esp. if absessed..and something can be done there for you...I know the pains of dental problems...I have had them for years..and at 31 have an upper denture...plz dont let it go...if ya need help finding a dental program in your area..let me know where about you live and I will help...
good luck ..God Bless...(ps dont let infected tooth go..can cause medical problems including trouble with heart..)

Closed Thread