It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
(male)

Nosho HB User
Broken tooth, no dental insurance

Hello everyone. I have a broken tooth. It's one of the bigger, middle ones, on the bottom. It doesn't hurt, but it looks bad cause it's all black and stuff. I don't know what to do. I've never been to a dentist before. I've always had crooked teeth so I never really paid any attention to dental care. I didn't see this problem coming because, although my teeth are crooked, I do brush them and the tooth in question didn't look odd. I knew I had some cavities but I thought if I brushed they wouldn't get worse, guess I was wrong.

Anyway. I have so many questions. I am a college student and don't have a job. I am 24 so I doubt I can get on my mom's dental insurance. What do I do? I know when I go to the dentist, they are going to find more problems. How can I pay to have all this dental work done? Cause I know it's going to be alot.

Should I find a reputable dentist in my town and go in and ask them? Does anyone know of any dental plans/insurance for students? Will I be able to get dental insurance if I have bad teeth? Is there a waiting period for insurance?

Any links to good info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

bkc HB User
Re: Broken tooth, no dental insurance

You can try some of the dental discount plans which is not traditional iins. Being a student yoiu shoul be able to get on your Mom's but with traditional ins there is sometimes a waiting period on major work. This tooth may need a root canal and then a crown going over a 1,000 for sure. Most offices have programs called carecredit and others where you apply for credit and are approved for a certain amount and make payments to them on a monthly basis sometimes interest free for certin periods of time.
Active infection sets you up for heart disease ,miscarriage, premature births etc. You probably have gum disease as well if you have never been to a dentist. If the tooth has to be extracted you could always get a fixed bridge to replace the tooth. SAVE anything that you can ASK people with dentures and they will tell you the same. Your mouth is like your car do regular maintaintence and you will avoid major costs and problems.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread