It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 02:07 PM   #1
Inactive

Kizzzee HB User
Unhappy help?

hey every1, names jenn im 13...i have this big space bewtween my two front teeth...i mean its not HUGE but its a good size..sometimes ppl make fun of me about it and i hate my nose already but thats somthin i cant fix..so i wish i could fix my teeth. well ne way i do try to ignore ppl but i dont like it myself and its not cuz other ppl dont like it.well i know ur saying get braces, but i cant becuz my moms single and we dont have enuff money at all. i dont know what to do to fix this i just hate it...any sugestions??PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2003, 11:26 AM   #2
Inactive

Kizzzee HB User
will someone PLEASE HELP ME????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2003, 05:47 PM   #3
(female)

Redford Phyl HB User
Jenn, things could be a lot worse. My front teeth are extra wide. Add to that, the adult teeth on either side came in the same size as my baby teeth. For years my Mother made me nibble on the carrots my kid sister left out for the Easter Bunny. I got to a point where I talked with my hand in front of my mouth. When I was 16, I saved the money and had crowns put on the small teeth. Your gap could be taken care of with veneers, for a lot less than the cost of braces.

Just thought of something else. Having a gap hasn't hurt actress Lauren Hutton's career. Throw that at the people who tease.

Old 09-27-2003, 07:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

When a person is young, there often is too much emphasis on appearance. That appears to be pretty much normal for a lot of people, all the way through the teens.

Sometimes a little gap, doesn't really look quite bad. If fact, sometimes it could look quite good. It's all how you look at it.

Sometimes to understand these things, you have to look at it from another viewpoint. Would you judge your friends or family by a gap as such? Would you think less of them?

Also we probably spend more time thinking about ourselves than we know. I hope that there will be a time in your life, when you're happy with who you are, not just what you look like. It will take some hard thinking, to understand what I'm talking about....

Closed Thread