It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2003, 12:01 AM   #1

stephanie01 HB User
Unhappy Wisdom Teeth Getting Pulled

I am totally scared to have my teeth pulled. I am having them pulled on Friday and all 4 are coming out. If anyone has had this done and can tell me about it please do. I am completely scared that it will hurt so bad afterwards.

Old 10-01-2003, 04:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User
I had mine pulled. I HATE dentists but can honestly say that it never hurt at all Not even afterwards. The only thing that I hated was the sound. You could hear a sqeulchy sound and then a 'pop' and it made me cringe ~ but nope! No pain!

------------------
Hugs
Amanda
Mummy to 2 precious Angels

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2003, 05:49 AM   #3

22ad22 HB User
Don't worry. It really wasn't that bad. I am a wuss when it comes to pain and was really afraid the pain would be unbearable but it really wasn't. I didn't even use up half of the pain meds I was given. It's been almost a week since I had mine out and I still have some pain but its just an dull aching pain. It actually feels much like the pain I had when my wisdom teeth would act up in the past. My biggest problem was being sick to my stomach from the antibiotic I was given. Honestly, that was much worse than the pain in my jaw.

And if you don't want to hear the sounds during the surgery have IV sedation, it was great.

Good luck

Old 10-01-2003, 01:02 PM   #4

cuttie15 HB User
hi i had mine out almost two weeks ago(on friday)and everything went great i had the iv sadation stuff. i only remeber wakeing up a cupple of times but then i just went back to sleepy land and then when he was done and doing the stiches i woke up and then fell back to sleep.. i only used pain pills till monday or tuesday. i had advil after that. i have to be the biggest wose but i never really hurt all that bad, i tried to play hero that sunday(2days) but was not very succful and then tried it again monday failed when i got home from class(i am in collage)but tuesday i only tock advil and sort of fell asleep in class but you have to expect to feel sleepy when you are on the drugs for sweeling, the anti bodic(sp) and any pain meds....

it was not as bad as what i thought it was going to be...

Old 10-02-2003, 04:30 PM   #5

kens4ever HB User
I have had two wisdom teeth pulled here in the last couple of months, the latest being a couple of weeks ago. I did not feel it coming out at all. Plenty of novacaine is key I think. I didn't really have that much pain afterwards, but I did end up getting "dry socket" which is what happens if the blood clot that forms in the socket falls out. I don't know why this happened to me because I followed all of the instructions which I knew already. The Dr. that did mine said that because of how long that tooth had already been erupted, that I could get dry socket. I dealt with that for about 2 weeks I think. Now everything is healing fine and there is no pain. I might suggest taking along a walkman to listen to. This not only takes your mind off what is going on, it masks the noises. I always take mine with me to the dentist. But if I can go through mine without being put to sleep, which is expensive by the way, anyone can have their's pulled under a local. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Closed Thread