It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 08:52 AM   #1

Rikitow HB User
Post Wisdom Teeth/Being awake/Brain things

Hi.. I have wisdom teeth that are pretty much all out. One isn't completely straight, but they're all out. I want to have them removed but I don't want to be put under. I've heard that since they're all out, it shouldn't be a big deal.. Any thoughts?
Also, I have this (probably irrational) fear that taking them out is goin to cause some sort of brain thing or bring up some sort of anurysm or something. That's not possible is it?
Any thoughts would be great

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2003, 10:45 PM   #2
Veteran

strand3d HB User
I'm not sure if its any easier simply beacuse all your teeth are exposed, but i understand your fears about going to sleep. I had never had surgery before i had my wisdom teeth pulled. and i was SO scared. I didn't want to be awake because my dentist told me that i will hear crunching, i will feel a lot of pressure, and i will hear drilling, all of which i wasn't okay with. I'd never had general anethetic before either, which really made me scared. I've heard of people dying before amd i just thought i was going to die too. Of course i didn't, and i'm SERIOUSLY glad i chose to be put under.

I didn't feel anything, i woke up feeling tired but in no pain, and best of all the procedure felt like it was five minutes long. I seriously think it was way worth it. I couldn't have handled sitting there for 45 minues while he i heard him pulling out my teeth.

good luck whateve you choose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2003, 05:27 PM   #3

diane synder HB User
have you ever considered iv sedation your consious but its like you dont care whats going on in matter it seem like it just tookk 5 seconds the hold procedure i had 3 widoms pulled and 2 molars

Old 09-29-2003, 05:28 PM   #4

diane synder HB User
i had my out sept 11

Old 10-02-2003, 05:54 PM   #5

kens4ever HB User
Having an extraction, even a wisdom tooth, is not that bad, really. I had my latest one out a few weeks ago and I didn't feel a thing. I was awake the entire time, but I did have nitrous oxide (laughing gas). I never have any dental work done without it. Anyway, the procedure went very well. I had an oral surgeon perform the surgery this time because my tooth was growing in sideways and had been erupted for several years. It was not only causing me pain at times, but it was causing decay on the tooth next to it so it had to come out. The only problem I had was "dry socket", which is what happens when you lose the natural blood clot that forms inside the socket. I was told this may happen because of how long the tooth had been erupted, and probably my age had something to do with it (I am 41).
But I'd had another wisdom tooth pulled about 2 months before this one and it came out with no problem at all. I had my regular dentist pull it.
It was also already erupted.
When you do decide to have them out, consider local anesthesia. It's cheaper and you really don't feel anything. As for the sounds you may hear, take along a walkman, I always do. You won't hear a thing.

[This message has been edited by kens4ever (edited 10-02-2003).]

Closed Thread