It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 04:37 PM   #1

diane synder HB User
Post dental implants

anyone ever get dental implants under local anthesia is it painful i have anotehr the question the dentist told me i have some small cavities do they mean i will eventually lose them teeth?

Old 10-02-2003, 08:27 PM   #2

youtwo414 HB User
Question

I apoligize for using your post as my portal to the board but I can't find where to enter a new post. I do want to say that I am so delighted to find this site. I am suffering with so many dental probelms, bone loss, perio problems,partial dentures at 45 and I stay wake at night imagining just how worse it will get as I get older. I wish I had the money to go for the sinus lift and the implants I was told i need because i don't think that I can tolerate these partials for too much longer. I have only had them for two eeks but I still gag and I can't stand the look of the metal clasps. That brings me to my real question. I want to get the clasps on my partials coated bso that they blend in with my teeth, Is that possible. has anybody else had the metal clasps on their partials coated so they look more natural ?

One more thing for anyone suffering from bone loss and perio problems. I was told by the periodonist that I my best bet would be to have the teeth pulled and to have dentures made becasue the bone loss would progress and my teeth were very unstable. I went to the greatest dentist in the world, recommended by a family friend who was a dentist before he retired. ( Dr. Kothch in Norwood, PA) He splinted my teeth and built up some of the surfaces to reduce the stress on any one tooth. he belives that with good care I should be able to keep the teeth I do have left for another five years. what a diffence the splints have made! My teeth feel very solid and the perio problems have gotten much improved. This was the first and only dentist to suggest such a treatment for shorterm, ( less than 10 years) retention of my teeth.

Thanks for letting me crash your post. Can you tell me where I should go to enter a new post?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 03:47 AM   #3

Yos HB User
NEW TOPIC button right next to the REPLY button

Yos

Closed Thread