It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

rush-rulz HB User
Post Waited too long, now I'm in trouble

OK, I haven't been to a dentist for like 10 years (!). I'm not scared of them, but my last one creeped me out. Anyway... I have a bottom retainer that was supposed to have come out 10 years ago, and I think I have 4 wisdom teeth. Only 2 I'm aware of. None of them are in properly, I guess.

Anyway... While I was eating dinner tonight (meatloaf!), I had this hard thing in my mouth. I took it out, and it seemed to be a piece of tooth! It was gray. Anyway, my top right wisdom tooth is all rough and sharp, so I guess that's where it came from, although of course I can't see it. So I figure the poor bugger's totally dead.

For the last three days, my cheek's been sore, not enough to keep me up or anything, just enough to notice, and my head's been hurting. My ears have had problems for years, I think. I guess this is a long-term thing.

It's so stupid because everyone keeps telling me to go to a dentist, so it's such an "I told you so" thing, and now I feel stupid.

I don't even have a dentist at the moment, although I'm looking. So what am I in for? Are they going to take out all four wisdoms? Even the ones that never cause problems? The bottom right one causes trouble with my cheek, but the left ones are fine. I really hate being drugged. The last time I had work done, I had no painkillers at all because I preferred that to a gum shot. I don't want to be put under! I don't want to live on soup! Aaarrggh! Heh.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2003, 09:40 PM   #2
Veteran

Citykittie HB User
you just have to think whats worse. You hate being drugged but if you have rotting teeth and gum disease your in for a whole lotta other mess.

They aren't going to take out your wisdom teeth on your first visit. You probally won't even get a cleaning. Usually you get xrays and the doc comes in and says whats wrong and what needs to be done.

Just tell them you had a bad experience at a dentist 10 years ago and you have been afraid to come back.

I don't know alot of medical stuff but I do know infection spreads. I don't know if infected areas around your wisdom teeth could move up toward your ear. But it seems possible. Atleast the doctor could put you on some strong antibiotics.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

rush-rulz HB User
I went to the dentist today. Weird place. Anyway, most of the visit consisted of them trying to get the digital x-rays right. Ahh, the wonders of technology.

Turns out I have 4 wisdom teeth. One broken, two infected and impacted, and the other perfectly fine. I'm on an antibiotic regimen. I also have a little decay in front. He found it odd that my only problems were in the very back and the very front; everything else is fine.

Old 10-03-2003, 05:04 AM   #4

5yrman HB User
So ,what are u going to do? Are u going to a surgeon to have them (wisdoms)removed? You went this far ,dont give up now.

Closed Thread