It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2003, 10:26 AM   #1

TigaRooooooo HB User
Unhappy Wisdom Teeth HELP!!!!

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well, Im a newbie around here, my name is Louise Im 25 from Liverpool UK and I have a little girl who is 2 years old. Right, well my story started last year I would have a terrible sensation at the back of my mouth under my tongue, it felt heavy like something was pressing on my back teeth! I just put it down to not eating well enough and needing to drink more fluids, as I do have a habit of skipping meals!

Anyway it dawned on me during the spring that it could be my wisdom teeth that are causing the heavy pressure feeling and upon touching the bottom teeth the pain intensified! Anyway, I got scrubbing the teeth and used a mouth wash which helped enormously so I was pain free for months! When I looked in the mirror at the back of my mouth I noticed the two bottom wisdom teeth where starting to turn black.

Last week the symptoms started coming back. I also suffer with the joint below my ear cracking now this has only started since my wisdom teeth started paining. It feels like the pain is underneath my tongue, and spreads up to the back of my mouth, its more numbness and feels like someone is sticking needles in it. Im not doing well at describing it am I! lol but its not easy.

Anyway the problem is I know that I need to go the dentist but Im terrified, the dentist is not my favourite place at all. If I scrub hell at my teeth again will that help? Do my symptoms sound like its a problem with my wisdom teeth. At the moment I have pain in my cheekbones as well. Any advice would be most welcomed. Sorry for rambling! lol

Take care all,

Louise

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 06:25 AM   #2

5yrman HB User
Lightbulb

Go 2 the dentist,it sounds like an infection and all he will do is give you an anti-biotic and that will take care of the pain (in a few days). He may even give you vicodan untill the anti-biotic begins 2 work. Dont let it go on to long!

Closed Thread