It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 12:07 AM   #1

Dessi HB User
Post Help!- My teeth are moving!

I hope somebody can help me! I have been having aching teeth for quite a while. My dentist said that my teeth are moving, which is in turn affecting my bite. The movement of the teeth is causing the pain.

I'm not sure why my teeth are moving this much. When I got my braces off 13 years ago, the orthodontist put in two fixed retainers (one top, one bottom). My front teeth (where the wires are) don't seem to be moving, but the back ones are moving ALOT.

1. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. What can be done to immobilize these teeth?
3. Why don't they retain back teeth?

Hope someone can shed light on this-
Thanks!

Old 09-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #2
Mara

Talk to dds about gum disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #3

youtwo414 HB User
Talking

Dessi,

My dentist splinted my teeth together. Don't know how new this sort of treatment for unstable teeth is but no other dentist recommended it to me to help me with my loose teeth due to bone loss. It has made quite a difference in my teeth . I love the feeling of tight teeth. May sound funnty but's its true. Not too expensive either. I think he charged me @ 250 per quad.

Youtwo

Old 02-16-2004, 09:19 PM   #4

sine HB User
Re: Help!- My teeth are moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtwo414
Dessi,

My dentist splinted my teeth together. Don't know how new this sort of treatment for unstable teeth is but no other dentist recommended it to me to help me with my loose teeth due to bone loss. It has made quite a difference in my teeth . I love the feeling of tight teeth. May sound funnty but's its true. Not too expensive either. I think he charged me @ 250 per quad.

Youtwo
Does the splint have to remain in your teeth permanently? I have much the same problem and was kind of curious.

Closed Thread