It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #1

stvooh HB User
Post please help

I woke up in the middle of last night in very severe pain. The best way to describe what was happening was to imagine someone holding onto your bottom lip and just constantly pulling it away from your mouth as hard as possible. The pain is mainly right where my inner lip and my gums meet. It goes along that crease all along my jaw. I can also push lightly on the center of my chin and that hurts too. I went to the Dr today and he is treating me with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds because of swelling. He also wants me to goto the dentist tomorrow which I am going to do. I am a naturally clumsy person and I have had my fair share of injuries but this pain at times is almost unbelievable. I cant sleep or even stay still most of the time. I have been taking things with benzocaine in the hope of some comfort(numbness) too(as suggested by the Dr.). Here is the embarrasing part: I am a 31y.o. man who hasnt been to a dentist in 14+years. It is my biggest fear by far. I am not proud of that, but it got easier to not go every year. I AM going in the morning but the severity of the pain and discomfort really concerns me. Anyone who can share some ideas or have had a similar problem please respond. Or if you just have an opinion...anything. Thanks for taking the time to read this and allowing me to ramble. I look forward to hearing from anyone.
Again,Thanks.
Steve

Closed Thread