| | Swallowing problem after dentistry
I had part of a broken tooth extracted yesterday - an upper molar. I have to wait for an oral surgeon to take the rest out. Since yesterday evening I have had a problem when I drink anything. As I move my head to swallow the swallowing reflex doesn't seem to happen properly and the liquid goes 'down the wrong way'. I don't cough or gag it just slips down leaving me with chest pain. I've never experienced anything like this despite many dental anaesthetics. Have they damaged a nerve, will it go?