It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2003, 12:44 PM   #1

nursedivawsu HB User
Question Cannot find dentist due do being on Medical Assistance

I am looking for info on what the delima is about dentists not taking on Medical Assitance patients. Why arent the dentists getting paid enough from Medical Assistance? Why is it that we cannot find care? Is there somewhere I can go to find out just the laws, when It comes to the dentists not taking on new patients. I have heard that it is because Medical Assistance dosent pay the denist enough, so in turn we as patients have to suffer. What can I do to get the care I need?

------------------
Nurse Diva WSU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 05:59 AM   #2

5yrman HB User
Lightbulb

try going to a medical "group" house. Also look in lower income areas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2003, 06:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
All I can say is good luck on finding a dentist to work on you. Maybe if you went to a rural area or small town dentist close to where you live you may have better luck.

Doctors and dentist are not here to help us out, they are here to make money, lots of money and they do not give a **** about you or me.

Old 10-07-2003, 07:16 AM   #4

marjson HB User
that is so not true. not all dentists and doctors are here to make money. i work for two of them that would do anything for there patients. unfortunelty it takes a lot more than you think to run a practice and when you take the medical assistance, the people that are private pay suffers because we don't make enough money from the assistance and have to charge everyone else more. and also, in no offence to you please don't take this the wrong way, many are rude and unappreciative. you will find someone who does take it. there are a few where i live and i have heard all good things about it. also i would look for a clinic, or see if there is a dental school nearby. the way that dentists learn is by doing so they have clinics there. it does cost money but it is very minimal. i think around here at the dental school, to have an extraction it is like $25 something like that to give you an idea, in my office it is $200 to have an extraction. to you are saving a considerable amount of money. i hope that this has helped you. i am sorry if have offened you i wasn't trying to. if i have please let me know. and good luck finding someone. remember not all dentists are bad!!

Old 10-07-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
Inactive

madara HB User
If your on medicard and or medicaid contact local Social Services office and request a list of dentist that take cards, even your state rep had lead in right direction.

Closed Thread