i had 3 fillings done on my back teeth,3 months later i got a pressure feeling in my head,my eye on the same side waters and swells up,my teeth feel very sore and up the side of my nose is tender.i read somewhere that somebody had roots growing into their sinuses,i wonder if anyone else has this problem ,let me know that i am not alone in this.
Did you happen to sign a consent at your Dentist's office when you placed amalgam in your mouth? I don't think you did. Only because you would have went with the composites after reading what the amalgam can do to you. I hope your dentist at least warned you about amalgam material because if he didn't, he can get in a lot of legal trouble!
Could be a sinus infection... is the pain worse when bending over? Could also be facial migraines or cluster headaches, but it's hard to tell from the information provided. I'd go back to the dentist and if he/she can't find anything, try your regular doctor. If there is a problem with your roots, it would show up in a dental xray.
you don't need to sign anything to get amalgam fillings. they are just as good as the white. its just that they do have a trace of mercury in them, but it is no where near a toxic level. as for all the problems, i would say for sure that it is a sinus infection. i would see your pcp first so that it doesn't go to far. i am sure that you will need an antibiotic. let us know
I have never heard of a dentist that did not have you sign a consent before putting amalgam in your mouth, as well as having oral surgery, getting a crown, having a root canal done. I find it funny that you say amalgam is not bad for you. I recommend you do a little research on it. As for you Prendi, I hope all goes well...keep us posted
[This message has been edited by Caligal (edited 10-06-2003).]
I don't know if you live in California, but they have different rules there, than other parts of the USA and the world. I believe the dentists there must tell you that they are putting mercury in your mouth, when they use amalgams. It's been some time since I've read about it. I could be wrong. Would I be correct in saying that? Maybe that's why some people don't understand what you are saying.
I wish everyone would know that toxic mercury is being used in dental amalgams (also called "silver" fillings). There's a lot more mercury in each typical dental amalgam than silver. This mercury does leak from the amalgams. The amalgams are not a stable substance as some associations might say. I've heard that these dental amalgams are really considered a "mixture", rather than an alloy.
It's been almost 10 years since I've had the dental amalgams removed. My health is now so good, that I can't really call myself "sick" anymore. But, I continue to push myself with the exercise. But just recently, my right arm muscles started hurting a little. I took more herbs, which helped, and then I saw a rash appear. These muscle pains and rashes were there all the time, before I had my dental amalgams removed. I take small amounts of cilantro to help remove the mercury.
At least from one source, I read that once you have mercury in your system, that it takes an extremely long time to have it removed naturally. I think that we may have residual amounts of mercury for life, if we are exposed to this toxin. I'm not sure of the details with this. Does anyone know?
I'm still running my 19.5 miles a week, gradually faster all the time. The last time I ran, I caught up to a tall young lady along the sidewalk. She said, "I wish I could run faster like you". I told her to take bigger steps, as I noticed her stride was quite short. I found it quite interesting, that she commented how fast that I was running. If only she knew that in 1978 a doctor told me to not run more than a hundred yards. I've come a long way since....
[This message has been edited by rhody (edited 10-06-2003).]
Good for you on the exercise. You are absolutely right about different states having different rules. I guess it would be nice if all dentist warned their patients before putting such material in their mouth. I also have had my amalgam removed and I am so happy
QUOTE]Originally posted by marjson:
[B]you don't need to sign anything to get amalgam fillings. They are just as good as the white.
It's just that they do have a trace of mercury in them, but it is no where near a toxic level.
As a practising dentist, I beg to differ. The "trace" of mercury is just over 50%.
"No where near a toxic level" is certainly the orthodox position of the ADA etc. but
others disagree. See [url="http://www.iaomt.org/documents/Status%20Report%20on%20Hg.pdf"]http://www.iaomt.org/documents/Status%20Report%20on%20Hg.pdf[/url]
Insofar as signing an informed consent document for Amalgam restoration, this is the case
in California (see [url="http://www.iaomt.org/documents/California%20Board1.pdf)"]http://www.iaomt.org/documents/California%20Board1.pdf)[/url] while in other
jurisdictions, dentists have lost (and are losing) their licenses and livelihoods for attempting
to do just that.
well, i live in massachusetts and we do no require pts to sign any sort of consent to have amaglam fillings put in. we do however require consent for anything else. (o.s crowns,etc.) one of the drs. that i work for is also a teacher and i have spoken at great lengths with him regarding this. every person is different when it comes to their reactions with amalgam. as with anything else. and where i live most insurances don't cover composites on the posterior teeth unless it is the occulsal surface only. i live in a middle or poor area and people around here just can't afford that. so we probably do more amalgams than most other areas do. in 9 years i have yet to see anyone who has had a problem with them. i myself have them and have had not one problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's interesting that some people say that they don't have problems with mercury-silver dental amalgams, or they don't know people who have problems with dental amalgams. But how do they know? Are they trained medical experts in the field of toxicology?
How does any anyone, including those who pratice in the dental profession, really know the potential harm that mercury does for us? What about the millions of people that have fibromyalgia? What about the millions of people that have unexplained headaches and other unexplained medical symptoms? The symptoms of chronic mercury poisoning can start out very very small, and get gradually worse over the years as these toxins accumulate. Some people may mask this with drugs, or feel that they are just getting old. How many times have we said that - "I must be just getting old."
Well, I'm considered old chronologically, but now with the amalgams that are removed, I'm physically very young. I'm 53 years old, and now am doing things that I never could do about 25 years ago. I could have just done what the doctor told me, in those days in 1978. I could of have just taken those 10 aspirins a day. But something told me to do something different. It took me years to figure it out, completely outside mainstream medicine.
Also, I can't say that these dental amalgams will harm you, like they harmed me. But I can say what happened to me - and I will explain it in detail for anyone that asks.
We can say that in each and every dental amalgam there is about 50% mercury. It's so good now that we are not hiding the facts anymore in certain states. We are letting people know that there's mercury in these metal fillings. Let's also stop calling them "silver fillings", and call them "mercury fillings", since mercury is the metal of highest composition in each and every amalgam. Could we do that?
Thanks everyone. Let's help each other understand.