It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #1

cuttie15 HB User
Exclamation WISDOM TEETH

Hi all!!

i am getting all four of my wisdom teeth removed on friday(19th) and i am really nervis and don't know what to expect. I have had surgery before and yah i know what is like to be under general but from what my Oral surgen said that i would be under conscius sedation for the surgery(if that is what you want to call it) i was wonderining if anyone knews what food i should buy and what that day should be like.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:27 AM   #2

22ad22 HB User
Hi!

I don't have any advice, but I just want to say I know how you feel. I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out on the 25th. I'm starting to get a little nervous too! I've had general anesthesia once before and it wasn't a great experience, I was very nauseous. But my oral surgeon said that IV sedation shouldnt be as bad. And he's giving me meds so I dont get sick. But I'm still freaked out a little.

Please post after you have yours out (once your feeling up to it) and let me know how it went!

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 03:32 PM   #3

diane synder HB User
hello i just had the iv sedation sept 9 and it is the best time i ever had at the dentist one they put the iv in and medicine you will be knock out right away and you will not feel nothing i had iv cousious sedation also the time goes faster for you my actual procedure took 25 minutes i know because my mom told me but to me since i had the sedation it took 2 seconds so the time will be different too you also if you some more help let me know .

Old 09-15-2003, 05:54 PM   #4
(female)

Kerry21 HB User
Ice cream! Jello! Mashed potatoes. The betty croker ones. Also make sure you make gravy to make it very easy to swallow. also mac n cheese!! Its so easy, u just swallow it. also the one thing that saved me. nestle quick!!! Dont get the powder, get the drink. It coats ur stomach so well! Eww with whipped cream in it too! Saved my sanity!!

Old 09-16-2003, 06:49 AM   #5

cuttie15 HB User
Lightbulb

thank you all for the help..

one more thing, i am pretty sure that i can brush my teeth that morning, right... my aptt was moved from 830 to 730.

mac and cheese is not a good thing for me to since i seen it green i have stayed clear of it.

Old 09-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #6

cuttie15 HB User
hi all...

it is sunday i got my wisdom teeth out on friday moring and i am feeling fine not much pain if any i am still on antibatios and pain meds if need be. i didn't get very sowollen till this moring i am gettin a lil puffy but not bad i have only had a few people aske me i had my wisdom teeth out. i guess that is good

a scare on saturday moringi woke up around 530ish and discoverd that i had just sowled a peice of my gauze so i went to the er and they said that they are just going to let it pass and if i had any problems just to go back to the er and tell them i that i had been seen there bofore this problem and that they would take care of it..

but i am happy to be feelin better than what i thougth i would be today. i was out and about yesterday afternoon and this moring i was going to go to church but i didn't feel good and so i just stayed home and rested becouse i had some homeowrk to do for collage.

Old 09-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #7

jwarneka HB User
Hi,
Glad to hear it went well,
some advice, if you get a queasy stomach from the meds Pepto now makes swalloable pills, if you can't take the nasty taste of the stuff, lol it works wonders for me, since I get very sick from the Vicodin they usually give me, and she's right, Quick, or just plain Chocolate milk, is good for stuff like this, lol for me it made me feel full when I really couldn't eat,
I just had a tooth pulled on Tuesday, so I know how you feel, I had to have stitches, lol does anybody know how long those buggers are supposed to stick around? they are driving me nuts and causing alot of pain, I thought it was only for a couple of days, maybe I'm wrong

Old 09-21-2003, 11:08 PM   #8

Cyndyqte HB User
Well it took a month for all four of my wisdom teeth to heal. My tops ones healed before my bottom ones did. Vicodin helped alot!!! My surgery went really quick. I didnt even know that I went to sleep. And my bottom lip was HUGE!!! But everything turned out good and I'm glad I got all four done at the same time. If anyone has any questions....

[Edited to remove email address. This is not permitted.]

[This message has been edited by Well-come (edited 09-22-2003).]

Old 09-22-2003, 01:06 AM   #9

jwarneka HB User
lol Mine wasn't a wisdom tooth, it was a molar, and apparently, the idiot, oops, I mean surgeon, really did a # on my gums to get it out, apparently from what my hubby said, they couldn't stop the bleeding so that's why I got the stitches, and my normal oral surgeon usually gives me enough pain meds to last me atleast a week , possibly 2, but I wasn't able to see my reg surgeon this time, and he only gave my 10 lousy pills, and I'm still in alot of pain, when you're taking 3 aleve with 3 ibuprofen every 8 hours and still no relief then you you know you are in pain, lol
the whole thing just sucks, , but se la vi, such is life I guess,

Old 10-13-2003, 10:42 AM   #10

Cyndyqte HB User
Well now my jaw hurts pretty bad all the way to the back of my ear. Seems like its always something

Old 10-13-2003, 10:45 AM   #11

Cyndyqte HB User
Well my stitches stayed there for over a week.. Then they started to dissolve

Old 10-14-2003, 03:10 AM   #12

Atog007 HB User
Just had 3 wisdom teeth and a molar removed yesterday afternoom, wasn't so painfull. The extraction was very quick (30 min : 10-15 minutes waiting the local anesthesy to do the work, ant less of five minutes for te extraction of each teeth). The only thing wich was a little painfull was the anesthesy and the first wisdom teeth extraction (stress ?!?). I feel pretty good today, no pain =) if you need to have your wisdom teeth extracted, keep cool, stress isn't a friend in these moment.

p.s. shame on me for that bad english :/

Closed Thread