It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #1

cuttie15 HB User
Lightbulb popping jaw after wisdom teeth removel

hi all
i had all four of my wisdom teeth removed on sept. 19 and in the last cupple of weeks my jaw has begin to pop when i eat anything...

is that norm or should i go back and see my oral surgon or my reg. densits

Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Ouch-ear-pain HB User
Smile

Hi There,
Here is the thing, sometimes it is serious other times....no. I would MOST DEFINATELY go back to your oral suregeon and or dentist and explain to hime what has been going on since the wisdom teeth were extracted.

He might then tell you what it may be and he also might tell you, it's TMJ. There is a TMJ board that I post on and some information there might be helpful!

I hope this is helpful to you and let me know how it goes with your dentist and or oral surgeon! Hope everything goes well!

Ear

p.s. do you have any pain whatsoever? (sp?)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #3

cuttie15 HB User
i have two qus for you ear

what is TMJ and no i don't have pain if i do it is very little

thanks

Old 10-15-2003, 10:09 AM   #4
Inactive

ryanpaus HB User
TMJD is when your jaw joints start to dislocate. Your seeing minor signs of TMJD. Go to the TMJ disorder board and read up on it. Wisdom teeth removal has been kn**** to cause TMJ problems after surgery just because they have your jaw open so wide for so long. Good luck man I have TMJD and there isnt much they can do but surgery and splint theropy

Old 11-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #5

cshore HB User
I had all of my wisdon taken out at once also... and after that I also developed TMJ.... I have the clicking all the time, and in the morning is when it is at it's worst. It has been about 16-17 yrs that I had the teeth pulled... so it has also been that long that I have had TMJ. I am lucky that once I quit my job that caused me alot of stress, the little bit of pain that I did have went away. BUT I still do have that clicking and it is more on the right side then the left. I do have a splint, but I really don't wear it, since I don't have pain.
Good Luck and hopefully your clicking won't ever turn to pain.. several people on the TMJ boards seem to have it really bad.
C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanpaus
TMJD is when your jaw joints start to dislocate. Your seeing minor signs of TMJD. Go to the TMJ disorder board and read up on it. Wisdom teeth removal has been kn**** to cause TMJ problems after surgery just because they have your jaw open so wide for so long. Good luck man I have TMJD and there isnt much they can do but surgery and splint theropy

Closed Thread