It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2003, 10:04 PM   #1

sailorbysea2000 HB User
Post mini dental implants???

does anyone out there have any experience with mini dental implants for dentures??? i know they are much quicker to have "placed" ...but do they work?? would appreciate any info.....

Old 10-22-2003, 03:32 AM   #2

palacie HB User
Hi,...I'm about to have mini-implants. After much research, I feel that they are the way to go. Mine will be the Imtec Sendax mini-implants. They are FDA approved. I found out about them by doing a Google search and then emailing Imtec. They sent me a packet of info. Why don't you try doing the same? Once I have mine, I will post the results. One thing I like about them is that they are much less expensive than other implant systems. Wish me luck!
Shirley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 08:04 PM   #3

sailorbysea2000 HB User
hi shirley~~ thanks for emailing...i am so curious to hear about how your implants....i have been looking into them...i have dentures and i cannot wear the bottom one for anything...i went to the dentist last month and he said it will be about $3200 for 4 posts and the fitting on the denture....still pretty expensive but if it works it will be worth it..( plus my insurance is covering 80%) i really didnt expect them to but they have different coverage for tmj surgery and implants....

when are you having the procedure done???? i want to stay in touch!!! good luck...hope to hear good things from you soon!!! sailor

Old 05-05-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
(female)

AtlantaBlue HB User
Re: mini dental implants???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbysea2000
hi shirley~~ thanks for emailing...i am so curious to hear about how your implants....i have been looking into them...i have dentures and i cannot wear the bottom one for anything...i went to the dentist last month and he said it will be about $3200 for 4 posts and the fitting on the denture....still pretty expensive but if it works it will be worth it..( plus my insurance is covering 80%) i really didnt expect them to but they have different coverage for tmj surgery and implants....

when are you having the procedure done???? i want to stay in touch!!! good luck...hope to hear good things from you soon!!! sailor

Did you ever get the implants? Are you satisfied with them?

Old 05-06-2004, 06:36 AM   #5

Sae HB User

Is that $3,200 per post, or does it cover for all? The reason I am asking is that I was just quoted a price of $5,800 for a lower partial with core buildup and 3 crowns. This does not include root canals. I wondered why my dentist didn't mention mini-implants to me especially since it is questionable whether or not the 3 crowns are possible on my already weakened teeth.
Sae

Old 05-06-2004, 08:08 AM   #6
Inactive

jasonandlee HB User

I know that one denture chain aff.den. says they offer them for 80 percent less than everyone else.it is on their site.I don' t think I am allowed to say there whole name the site could bann me for it..

Closed Thread