It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

Bevd HB User
Talking I'm proud of myself

Hello all

Just wanted to let you all know (but particularly those who share my severe dental related phobias) that I've been to the dentist to have my impressions taken for the dentures I'll need to wear whilst I undergo the long implant procedure. (My first surgery for implants is scheduled for 6th March when all my remaining teeth will be removed).

Anyway, after months of nightmares and panic, the appointment has been and gone and I'm still here to tell the tale

I made sure they used the very smallest trays possible to take the impressions (the bottom one ended up having to be done twice - yackkk) and I sat pretty much upright in the chair rather than having to lay back and I did it

I've got the telephone number of the technician who will actually be making my dentures so that I can phone himon Monday and just make sure he understands the 'instructions' I've left with my dentist about making the dentures as thin as physically possible (like the partial I currently have) and with as small a palate covering as possible (or else I fear that I'll just not be able to tolerate it in my mouth full stop and that would leave me toothless for 9-12 months+).

So. The process has begun and I'm happy with what I've accomplished so far

Old 02-03-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User
Re: I'm proud of myself

I just want to say congratulations. You have taken a very big step for alot of people. You are going to feel absolutly wonderful about yourself when all the work is complete! Just keep thinking of that! You will feel like a new person for sure! Keep healthy and happy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
(female)

s.g. HB User
Re: I'm proud of myself

I'm proud of you too!!!! I hope I have your courage when I go to the endo on Monday. I hope it relieves my pain forever. God I am praying. Congrats on your good experience. Keep us all up to date on your progress,

s.g

Closed Thread