It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User
toothpaste to make your teeth stronger?

Well ya'll know me, i got mod perio on my bottom row of teeth (visable tarter and mild mild movment) and my 4 top front teeth are mobile as well, but very mild. i still got 3 weeks till i have to have my scailing and root planning (can someone tell me what this does and how long it takes?) and i was wondering if theres any special tooth paste that makes the tooth stronger all around? anything in my case to stop the advancement of perio till i see my dentist.

Also, perio can get present even if theres no tarter build up right? cause my dental hyg seems to think that i grind and clinch my teeth too much, (i do clinch my teeth alot) and she says that grinding and clinching like that can cause your teeth to become mobile.

After they remove all the tarter and make sure the bacteria is gone, how do the teeth become strong again?

thanks in advance

Old 02-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

siggylex HB User
Re: toothpaste to make your teeth stronger?

You can get a tartar control toothpaste to help with the tartar problem. Although, once the calculus has become hard, it's nearly impossible for you to get it off with a toothbrush. Which is why you need the scaling and root planning. Scaling and root planning is just a cleaning that goes below the level of the gums. It cleans the plaque and calculus off of the teeth. Sometimes they do this by sections, other times they may do the whole mouth at once. It really depends on how much calculus/tartar you have. It can be anywhere from a half an hour visit to an hour. There is no special toothpaste that will help bring back the bone that you may have lost around your teeth. If you are grinding your teeth, there is a chance that the trauma is causing your teeth to become mobile. You can get a night guard to help decrease the trauma on your teeth. Once the trauma is decreased, then your teeth may have some mobility dwecrease. It really depends on if there is bone loss present too, and whether or not the mobility is really only from the grinding/clenching. The night guard is definitely worth a shot though. You should talk about it with your dentist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

i was wondering if theres anything i can do to make my breath better untill i go in for the planning and scailing. thanks

Old 03-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
(female)

katzfriend HB User

You can try putting a drop or two of tea tree oil onto your toothbrush. It supposedly kills germs.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

nice thanks for the tip, i floss, and you can tell that the odor is from the germs, i also rinse with warm salt water

Old 03-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
(female)

siggylex HB User

You can brush your tongue too. 70% of bad breath is caused by the bacteria on the tongue. The other 20-30 % come from the plaque and calculus. Flossing, brushing the tongue and teeth, and mouthwash will all help.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

calculus is the hard build up right? well its strange cause it came right off after a month of constant oral care, i was flossing one night and nearly got rid of all VISable calculus

Old 03-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
(female)

siggylex HB User

Yes. Calculus is the hard stuff, plaque is the soft stuff. Even though you got rid of all the visible stuff, there may be some deeper down that you can't see, that they do the deep cleaning/scaling and root planing to get rid of...

Closed Thread