It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
(male)

Electricchild HB User
Lower gums very sore and bright red

Hi everyone,

I have recently encountered a problem with my lower gums that started at the beginning of this month. Whenever I drink anything mildly acidic such as orange juice I have a very painful burning sensation in my lower gumline. I noticed after a few days that my lower gums were turning bright red, however the upper gums did not change from their normal pink look. I feel that this is getting worse, and I worry that I may have some kind of gum disease. I have been using the Sonicare toothbrush since the beginning of January, and have followed its instructions on placing the brush at a 45 degree angle to the gumline and teeth. I know I am not brush terribly hard against the gums, but with all they hype about the Sonicare being such a great toothbrush, I wonder why I am encountering dental problems such as this now that I am using it!

I am really worried... I even started using Listerine mouthwash this week to see if it has any effect, since I know that it can help destroy a lot of the bacteria that form in microecosystems along the gums. The acidity is so unbearable that I can't even keep it in my mouth for the full 30 seconds! I know I need to see a dentist to get a complete and factual response, but I am currently away from home doing an internship in Wisconsin from January 06 - June 06, and it will be extremely inconvenient seeking out a new dentist here.

My question: Has anyone had the same problem that I have described before? And if so, what have you done on your own to fix or relieve the pain of having sensitive/sore gums?

Thank you kindly in advance for your response!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
(female)

paulcindy88 HB Userpaulcindy88 HB Userpaulcindy88 HB User
Re: Lower gums very sore and bright red

When is the last time you had a good cleaning of your teeth??

I had not had my teeth cleaned in about 20 years(no kidding) and I just got my first qaudrant done yesterday under novacaine. What a wonderful feeling!! My lower gums are a nice coral pink and no more pain. I am scheduled to have the last three quadrants done in two weeks.

You need to see a dentist for a thorough evaluation. It will make you feel 100% better

Good luck

Old 03-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
(male)

Electricchild HB User
Re: Lower gums very sore and bright red

I usually have my teeth cleaned every six months, but since I am away from home it has been quite some time. I will search for a dentist. For now maybe I should stop using the Sonicare toothbrush. Thanks for the input!

Last edited by Electricchild; 03-22-2006 at 07:00 AM.

Closed Thread