It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
White spots on teeth after braces

White spots on teeth after braces Son got his braces off last week and there are white spots on two of his teeth. ortho said it was because he didn't keep his teeth clean enough. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Son is so upset........of course I always told him keep your teeth as clean as you can and brush, brush, brush............

Old 04-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

SportHorse HB User
Re: White spots on teeth after braces

I had that when I first got my braces off too (long time ago now). They did eventually go away. Trying a whitening toothpaste may help, but the biggest thing now is to brush often and thoroughly. I find I started brushing a lot better when I got the SoniCare toothbrush, as it signals you as to how long you brush each section. Its just so easy to say "good enough" with a manual one. Going and getting a professional cleaning from the dentist might be a good idea too. That way they can tell you what the best course of action is and check the health of teeth and gums.

Last edited by SportHorse; 04-02-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Yes he went the day after to get his teeth cleaned. I am really staying on him about his teeth. I spent a fortune, the least he could do is keep them pretty!!!!!

Old 04-03-2006, 03:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

When my kids got their braces off their clear plastic retainers can be used for bleaching trays too. This should help with those spots. Make sure they wear those retainers. You spent alot of money but if he doesn't wear the retainers to sleep in his teeth will shift and no longer be straight.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
(female)

Alicat79 HB User

Hi,
If the spots are caused by decalcification (start of decay) a dentist can use a pumis & etching mix to openthe tooth surface, then use a high level fluoride paste called GC Tooth moose. This would have to be done quite a few times to get rid of them totally. A general dentist or even your orthodontist would be able to perform this.

Closed Thread