It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
(female)

neddy HB User
WISDOM TEETH!!! help

ok so i've been in so much pain for two weeks now, trying to get to see dentists and doctors & anyone who could help me, and i've finally been told i have infected wisdom teeth, they're also impacted causing pain in an incisor because of the pressure, and i have 'something going on with my nerves'. now i've also get an abcess developing on one of ther wisdom teeth - I JUST WANT THE PAIN TO STOP!!! i've been drinking so much water cos it's the only thing that helps but i'll probably overdose on the stuff soon (it is possible!!). I've barely been sleeping, although i've been pretty good the past 2 nights cos the doc prescribed me some strong painkillers, but i've only got enough left to see me through tonight. Anyone have any home remedies?!

I have to get all 4 wisdom teeth extracted, but i can't even get to the dentist to 'discuss my options' for 2 days. i'd much rather the general anaesthetic option, even though i hate the idea of an iv drip, and it's so expensive! It may be possible for them to take them out with a local anaesthetic - anyone experienced this? It's $1500 cheaper, but i don't know if it's worth it. they only take 2 out at a time and i'll have to hear bone-crunching sounds - pretty scary. I just want them gone, i want the pain to stop, but i know i'll probably be in pain afterwards as well, not looking forward to a mouth full of pus. Anyone have any advice please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
(female)

JulieDe HB User
Re: WISDOM TEETH!!! help

neddy- I just had my 2 lowers out on March 10 and I had the general. My doc was so nice, he prescribed a mild tranquilizer to take that morning, so getting the iv was the last thing I remember. I did ok with the pain until I developed dry socket on the right side. He packed it with a med strip and that made it feel better. I won't lie, I was sore for about 2 1/2 wks, but I feel better now. The holes are still there, not quite closed yet, but I am so happy the worst is behind me.
If you are in anyway squeemish (sp?), I would get the iv (if you can afford it, I have insurance that pd for it).
Good luck, keep us posted.

Closed Thread