It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
(female)

unique99 HB User
Unhappy Weird lump on gums

A couple of days ago, I was brushing my teeth and when I was done I felt like something was on the side of my gum, you know right under my tooth. It's on the inside, next to my tongue. I looked at it and it was like a big red elongated lump. And it started to hurt after that. I brush really hard and floss hard and lots of the time, the plastic head of the toothbrush hits that area or surrounding areas really hard. I'm wondering if this is what caused it. It hurts and my gums and cheek in that area look swollen. What could this be? It seems like it happened so fast.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: Weird lump on gums

Sounds like an infection. Maybe in the bone or gum. Time to make an appointment to the dentist to check it out.
P.S. You shouldn't brush your teeth really hard. It can cause the enamel to wear off and make your teeth sensitive in those areas. Just brush in circles and softly. 2 minutes should do it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 04:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User
Re: Weird lump on gums

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique99
I brush really hard
*snipped to leave just this quote*

Brushing really hard is a really really bad thing to do! You will seriously destroy your gums and once they are gone they are GONE! They do not come back. You will ruin your teeth this way. The gums are what supports the teeth. I do not know what the lump is but stop brushing so hard. See your dentist right away about the lump.

Closed Thread