It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

princessfi HB User
Help - new white fillings

Hi guys

This is my first post on here so hello everyone

Today I went to my dentist and got 2 metal fillings removed & replaced by white ones...dentist said there wasn't much decay, there wasn't anything wrong with my fillings I just wanted white ones.

It's been7 hours since my fillings, and tonight when I went to eat something I tried not to eat on that side. But I tried a little with something soft and whoaargh! I felt it like the sensation you get when you touch a metal filling with a fork, like its on the nerve.

So do you think it will need time to settle down? Or should it be ok straight away? I think there was a bit of the filing in my bite but it crunched away a bit so is now smooth/

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks

Fee x

Old 05-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
(female)

princessfi HB User
Re: Help - new white fillings

bump

by the way the filling is not a deep one, he didn't use a lining, my dentist was training someone else at the time and said that you don't need to line it if its this shallow

if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

cheers
x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

This can be a side affect from white fillings. Hopefully it will subside as it did with my daughter. But she had sensitivity to them for months after getting white fillings. After she got them we were told this can be a side affect of the white filling stuff.

Old 05-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

JenniferE HB User

That sounds more like the filling was too high,(too thick), and when you bite down, it's not uncommon to feel the sharp pain like that. It's not always easy to get the bite 'just right' before leaving the office. Some people naturally wear down their fillings and/or they need to go back and have the dentist smooth them down or take them out of occlusion completely.

People can and do have sensitivity to composite fillings, but it is mostly due to the bonding agents used to place the composite filling that causes irritation for some people.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
(female)

princessfi HB User
Wink Re: Help - new white fillings

Thanks guys, I was hoping that might be the case. I will give it more time.
Luckily I am booked in for a 3rd replacement filling on 28th June so I can always see to it then, I'm just glad I didn't get the other 2 on the other side of my mouth done at the same time, he wouldn't let me - now I know why
LOL
x

Closed Thread