It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

Kathryn R. HB User
Unhappy Wisdom Teeth Questions

I just had my wisdom teeth taken out one week ago today. For the most part everything went pretty well considering all 4 were fully grown and compacted. I just had a few questions. The pain has pretty much stopped except first thing in the morning. The top of my mouth is not bothering me at all. There are just gaps in the back of my mouth where the teeth used to be. On the bottom, however, it is completely different. It's more like holes instead up gaps. There are some stitches down there, but not really where the holes are. I can stick the tip of my tongue threw the holes, and there is something hard inside there. I think it is the root of my wisdom teeth. The said they would have to leave the roots because they were fully grown and might cause nerve damage if they took them out. But should there be holes there??? Food keeps getting down in these holes and it is diving me crazy. I was wondering if this is normal or if anyone else has had this experience. Also, I have had a difficult time concentrating, so I quit taking the pain killers the doctor game me and started taking ibuprophen instead. The difficulty concentrating hasn't gotten much better..... Please Help

Old 06-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
(female)

chicomama HB User
Re: Wisdom Teeth Questions

I dont know if thats normal. If your woried about it, you should call the oral surgeon. It sounds like the blood clot fell out or something, leaving an empty space. that is common, but you need to see the doc so he can fill it with some gauze or something.
I get my wisdom teeth out TOMARROW . and i have to start school Monday! I hope i can concentrate.
Im glad everything else went well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
(female)

Kathryn R. HB User

i called my oral surgeon and he just told me to come in, but that is easier said than done. I live 2 hours away, I am in summer classes now at my school and cannot miss a day to drive back if it is not necessary. Does anyone else have any info???????

Old 06-02-2006, 05:22 AM   #4
(female)

boarderchic HB User

Hey there, I just had all 4 of my teeth out on may 17th. I had these same holes that you talk about, and food does get stuck all the time. When I went back for a check up he said that everything looked good, so i don't think you should worry, unless they start to hurt alot. My oral surgeon gave me a syringe to wash out the food and it works great but if you don't have that then keep rinsing your mouth out with salt water that helps too.
Hope that helps.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:28 AM   #5
(female)

SillyBird HB User

I got mine out a week ago as well and I have exactly the same thing except I don't have any pain. Continue with the salt water rinses and everything should get better.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:34 AM   #6
(female)

Kathryn R. HB User

thankyou guys so much. your info is reassuring. I still wish i didn't have holes in my jaw! The should really warn you about that kind of thing.

Closed Thread