HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Dental Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/)
-   -   OUCH! Annoying + Painful Post-Widsom Teeth Extr. Symptoms! HELP! :( (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/397047-ouch-annoying-painful-post-widsom-teeth-extr-symptoms-help.html)

Stretched2Far 06-01-2006 02:07 PM

OUCH! Annoying + Painful Post-Widsom Teeth Extr. Symptoms! HELP! :(

Hi :wave: ,

Precisely 11 days ago I had two lower impacted wisdom teeth removed, 2 lower molars, and 2 upper wisdom teeth. My surgeon told me that in his 30+ yrs of wisdom teeth extractions, I was the one who had the pleasure of going through the most pain. :) After the surgery, the upper left wisdom teeth hole was cut up into my nasal cavity. When I swished salt water, it went out through my nose. :) This eventually healed, then I developed 3 dry sockets. :) Finally after all of the unbearable pain (10 Days later) and having my stiches taken out, 2 of the holes aren't healed yet. The other two look like perfect little lines, all healed up and the other two have giant black holes. Now, here's 3 things. There is no pain anymore from these, except when I get food stuck in them. What should I do about this? The food gets in there and sometimes it doesn't come out. Doesn't It have to be out before It can heal over?? Secondly, a nasty light brown fluid that tastes like steel and old blood comes out of my extraction sites and it just keeps coming out. Its so sick and I cant stand it anymore. Lastly, my head is very very sensitive. I don't have a headache, but whenever I touch my head or lay down on something, my head starts to ache. Like I said, its VERY sensitive. Could this be from the teeth or just generally laying around too much (I've taken these past 11 days off so far.) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. :bouncing:

Kathryn R. 06-01-2006 08:03 PM

Re: OUCH! Annoying + Painful Post-Widsom Teeth Extr. Symptoms! HELP! :(

I just had my wisdom teeth out as well. The same thing seems to be happening to me. The top ones are fine, but the bottom ones are GAPING HOLES. This is really freaking me out. What if I were to get food down there and not be able to get it out?!?!?! I have talked to everyone I can think of that has had their wisdom teeth removed. They all say that this is normal. It seems entirely carzy to me. I don't understand how they can just leave HOLES in my mouth and expect them to just eventually heal. The surgeon never said anything about holes. On top of that, I can feel what they left of the tooth down in the holes. I have a friend that has had his wisdom teeth out, and he has assured me several times that it is normal. He said that it took about a year for his bottom gums to fully heal over. He said that he just got used to it after a while and didn't notice it anymore. I am still sceptical, but I am trying to stay positive. Also, my head is very sensitive as well. Some times when I lay down I even get a little dizzy. My jaw is particularly sensitive. It seems to come and go. I don't know if this is normal, but I can say that it is happening to me as well. I hope this helps.

BellaM 06-02-2006 03:45 AM

Hi, I just wanted say, especially to the post just above this one, that I had a lower wisdom tooth out exactly one month ago, and I still have a hole there (but it is gradually getting smaller). My dentist didn't say anything to me about holes either, but on looking into this, it seems that holes do heal over eventually, but it can between 3-4 weeks or 3-4 months (possibly depending on your age). You will find that you will be able to eat normally even with the holes - I just find now that if you do get some food in it, you just need to rinse out with water after eating, or even just at the end of the day.

Stretched2Far 06-02-2006 09:27 AM

Thanks Kathryn R and BellaM,
That calms me a little bit. It's good to know that these holes are normal, but I'm really bummed that it can take up to a year to heal. So that means for an entire year I have to clean yucky food particles out of my mouth! What about the light brown nasty fluid? Will that go away or will it be there as long as the holes are there? To Kathryn R --> I have found that simply taking a warm bath and letting your head submerge under water for about 5 minutes really alleves the pain in my head. You can also try a nice hot cup of tea or a electric hot pad thing (I forget what theyre called). Again, thanks so much for everything, Ill be sure to post again. :)