It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #1

Sae HB User
JanD Dentures and Age

I'll try posting again as have been having problems. I am happy JanD that you are comfortable with your dentures. Since I am 72 I wondered if you would be kind enough to answer some questions. Were your ridges quite even? Did you need bone grafting at all? Do you have full upper and lower dentures? My ridges are very uneven and low in spots. I have had nerve damage and could not get dentures but now will try something new - having some made that will not touch the damaged area. Did you get the immediates? I have some health problems and it has been a very long haul for me, 2 years with just a few teeth and so I am looking forward to dentures. Bone grafting was a nightmare for me and don't want to try it again and implants are out of the question. It was nice to hear that you are doing so well and is encouraging.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
(female)

JanD HB User
Re: JanD Dentures and Age

Sae: I have spent tons of money over the years on my teeth. The tops had been crowned 3 times the bottoms once. Then the uppers started giving me problems. I could not afford any more dental fees, like implants, and personally I spent enough time in the dentist's chair over the years, so I opted for immediate upper dentures. I had 5 teeth left on top, the rest was a partial. The dentist pulled the 5 remaining teeth and put the denture right in. The only complaint I had was getting used to it the first week. After that no problems, no adhesives ever to this day. I can eat everything now and after my total knee replacement 5 years ago.....this is one of the best things I have done for myself. Good luck to you.

Janice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #3

Sae HB User

Thank you for answering, Janice. I am a bit scared that I won't be able to hold dentures in because of the ridges being so uneven and also the nerve damage but will need to trust in my higher power. Like you, all of my teeth were capped and eventually replacement for the 3rd time and as you stated, it takes tons of money. I have 6 teeth on top and 3 on the bottom, all capped but failing. Best wishes to you and say a prayer that I will be able to hold them in.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
(female)

JanD HB User

Sae.....Best wishes to you and say a prayer that I will be able to hold them in.

Thanks and you will be in my prayers. Just keep a positive outlook and all will be fine.

Janice

Closed Thread