It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #1
(male)

Toofless HB User
Green plastic-like hard spec / spicule produced by gum-hole after dental implant???

Most bizarre thing:

On a front tooth I had some reabsorption or whatever it's called and the tooth had to go, so I got an implant. First one failed, but three years later I finally have a successful implant.

No pain and nothing weird at all until an inexplicable green dot appeared. I decided not to freak out and to wait 3 weeks until my next dental appointment. I thought it might possibly be some of the temporary cement they sealed the porcelain crown on with. But, I also feared it was cancer!

With about a week left before my appointment, I got curious and pressed gently on the side of the green dot with a toothpick-- it popped off easily! Yay! Upon closer examination, it seemed to be green plastic and I felt sure it was leftover temporary cement.

Next week, I had my appointment to get the crown PERMANENTLY sealed. To my surprise, once the crown was in place, he gave me a mirror to check out my smile and the green dot was back. I pointed it out to him and he was perplexed. It was kind of embedded under a layer of gum tissue and he pulled/ripped it out with some instrument-- it hurt! He said it definitely wasn't cancer, that it was hard like plastic and that he had no idea what it might be. He said maybe it was some left over cement, but he wasn't sure.

Well, it just came back for the third time! Again, I gently pressed on it with a toothpick and it slide right out of it's little ditch! Once again, it is like a tiny little piece of hard, green plastic. I have no clue what it could be! It's not like there is a huge hole in my gums, but it seems like beneath the surface there is some sort of pore that collects this green stuff and pushes it to the surface. It's not really like puss because it's like a pale shade of turquoise and it's hard. I check it fairly regularly and it's just all of a sudden THERE. There doesn't seem to be any building process. It's just suddenly there again. And my gums are not all decaying or anything. They look fine and healthy.

My gum doesn't hurt, there is no throbbing and my dental implant is in there good. It's been considered a succeess for 6 months now and it's been pulled on and torqued and everything, so it's a solid implant, no pain, swelling or anything. It was just after I got the permanent porcelain crown that this weird green dot started showing up just after the first temporary placement of the porcelain crown. When I had the plastic crown, there was no green dot. However, it seems like it must be related to the implant because I never had this weird problem before. Could it be some reaction to the metal inside the porcelain crown?

Any clue what it is?

Last edited by Toofless; 06-03-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
(male)

Toofless HB User
Re: Green plastic-like hard spec / spicule produced by gum-hole after dental implant?

Bizarre, the hard green discharge was back again last night, just 2 days after I removed the last one!

Since the dentist ripped the last one out rather forcefully, they are very easy to remove. I believe is is a little tunnel that secretes the buildup and it hardens into a little tiny pale turquoise speck almost the color of this smiley: ... I just take a toothpick and gently swipe it over the green speck and it comes right off. I am now collecting them in a tupperware for my next visit.

What could it be? The dentist is stumped!

Closed Thread