It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

rc1975 HB User
root canals

i have pain in 2 teeth on the bottom that my dentist sd i need root canals. my dental ins. doesnt cover root canals, so im thinking about having the one on the bottom right (#30) pulled. would it be that bad to get that tooth pulled, what are the long term effects of that

Old 06-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
(female)

Ariom HB User
Re: root canals

Hi rc1975, I am not a pro, but I can tell you, listen to your dentist and get the root canal. About 5 yrs ago, I needed to get 4 root canals for my molors, but because of money and being scared of root canals, I opted to do one of things I regret the most, and that was getting them all 4 PULLED. All that caused was space for my teeth to move around and it was down hill ever since. The best advice I can give someone is always keep your dentist appts., and never get your teeth pulled unless there is no other option. But with todays dentist they will do everything not to pull. I know I have already said this,but go for the root canal. I am only 43, and have to get dentures, due to getting teeth pulled when I could have done something else, and bone loss. So don't make the same mistake I did. Eventually I would have had to get dentures regardless due to my bone loss, but I could have possibly delayed it, if only I didn't get those teeth pulled. I hope this helps. but if not I am sure there are many great people on this board which I am sure you are well aware of. Perhaps someone else can give you some insight.

Ariom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 05:39 AM   #3
(male)

03HDROADKING HB User
Re: root canals

Keep the teeth. When a tooth is extracted, the counterparts shift....this means over time, the upper will drift down, and the one behind it will move forward. This can bring other problems that are difficlut to fix. Another option is to have a bridge done to replace the missing #30, but that will involve 2 teeth in something that they may not need..ie crowns. A third option is extract and replace with an implant, but this becomes costly short term, however it is currently the best option for long term that we have.

Closed Thread