It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
(male)

maccaz HB User
Overcrowded mouth, really need anyones advice

Heres my problem, im only 17, and i lead a normal life style, and i enjoy life, but my mouth as always had problems, and im sorry but toothache is the worst pain in the world, any oral pain to do with teeth.

Well ive got an overcrowded mouth, theres one tooth underneeth another that you can actaully see which needs room, and theres 2 other sites like this, i had a root canaled molar where one of them is, anyway to make room for these sites the othadontist oderderd the extraction of 3 molars, one on the left side, one on the right, and on on the top right. however getting these out was horrible, i have really thick bone so for the first one i was in the chair for more than 2 hours, had to have stiches were he went into the *** to get bone out, second i didnt need stiches but again bad extraction, he says i have inherited complicated roots, instead of being straight they are curved in towards each other, parallel. anyway because there was lots of bone removed the blood clots didnt really have nything to cling to so they both came out by second day so both had dry socket and had to be packed up, now the pain on the first one is nill, i was on antibiotics, and for the second didnt prescribe nything and the pain is getting less and less and the third extraction should be alot easier, but im just worried and i want reassurance and peoples opions and experiance, and ny dentists opions wud help, 3 molars for over crowded mouth, i can see the teeth that will go into the gaps and i can see what the dentist is forcing to happen but untill these teeth come thru chewing food will be hard gaps untill these teeth *** thru and straighten into the spaces. i wont hgave big gaps but cant wait till these teeth *** thru orthadontist says he wants to wait a year after extactions to see if time has helped the teeth *** thru into the gaps before he resorts to braces.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Re: Overcrowded mouth, really need anyones advice

Welcome Maccaz,
It sounds like your dentist is trying to take a conservative (and less costly) approach. It's possible that because of your young age, that the gaps from the extractions will fill in with your other teeth. Teeth do continue to move as we age. If the gaps don't fill in, then you'll probably have to have braces.

It's a good thing you're getting it done now rather than later. I had my extractions too late in life and my teeth didn't fill in the gaps. They're actually even more crowded and the gaps have gotten bigger due to gum and bone loss. The younger you are, the better. What your dentist is doing is at a minimum, preventing the overcrowding from becoming worse. I know the gaps seem strange right now but you'll be surprised how quickly you'll adjust. Soon after they're healed, you'll be chewing food in that area again without a problem.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
(male)

maccaz HB User
Re: Overcrowded mouth, really need anyones advice

hey, thanks for that, and yeh he said that, he said its better to have the molars out now than in 10 years time, but i hope ill be chewing food with no problems once the extraction sites have healed, and then once the teeth have made there way into the gaps then i guess itll be like i never had any teeth removed or very similiar, its just a pain because everything feels weird, i cant chew gum and im swallowing food with out being able to chew it because of the gaps that havnt healed which i hate

nymore advice wud really help, and i was just wondering i mean i just thought to myself 3 molars lol, my body must think my mouth is in a bad way lol

Closed Thread