It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

NYtoTN HB User
Talking Just HAD to share this

I just had to share this funny story with my fellow denture wearers.
First of all.... before I got my dentures (full upper and partial lower) 3 wks ago, I had crowns/caps... the entire top which was called a roundhouse. And crowns and bridges where my molars were on the bottom.
One day, while eatting a nectarine, the right bottom crown and bridge came loose and I accidentally swallowed it... all 4 teeth in the bridge! So I went to the ER where they x-rayed me and of course, there was the bridge in my stomach. They made me stay in the hospital until I passed the bridge because it was so big (and one of the crowns had a post sticking out of it) and they feared that it would get stuck in my intestines. That was quite an experience.
Now I have a partial denture on the bottom which consists of 4 molars on each side and clips on to the 6 front teeth. It is very uncomfortable and I've only been wearing it to chew my food. So today, hubby and I were eatting dinner. We had pasta, which is rather soft. And I ate a couple bites and then realized that I was having difficulty chewing. I felt around my mouth with my tongue.... Jumped up and screamed "Oh my God, we have to get to the hospital!" My startled husband jumped up and yelled "What's wrong. what's wrong?". I cried out "I swallowed my teeth again!" And he said "How is that possible?" Well, by then I got my wits about me and I realized that I didn't put my partial in before I started to eat.
We both had a real good laugh. But I must have taken 10 years off my life with that scare. Can you imagine swallowing something as big as a partial denture that contains 8 teeth? I'm still laughing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Just HAD to share this

That story really made me have one of those gut wrenching belly laughs. I wear snap on dentures over filed down teeth and take them out to eat so I am always losing them in napkins at the table and looking for them in the trash can - but your story is really tooo funny. That will keep me laughing for while. Thanks - I needed that.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hypatia HB Userhypatia HB User

Oh my gosh--i just laughed so hard my dentures almost came out. Seriously, your story beats that of my friend who was so sick with flu, she vomited and her upper plate went in the potty (not unheard of) and she flushed it down before she even realized her teeth weren't still in. I have to ask--didn't it hurt when you passed the bridge?

Old 06-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
(female)

Ariom HB User

NYtoTN...oh my god!!! Your story is so funny, I needed the laugh. I feel bad you had to go through all that, but did it hurt???? You are something else. My tummy is still hurting from laughing.

Ariom...

Old 06-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

I'm glad I gave you all a good laugh. It WAS really funny at the time
Hypatia... the bridge passed through very easily. The hospital gave me meds to pass it. It was quite an experience though. Both funny and embarassing. I was the talk of the ER that day. LOL

Closed Thread