It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 05:36 AM   #1
(female)

lilmama5of6 HB User
EXTRA COURAGE for Ariom

Good Morning
DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
You have waited so long to have your smile back..You should call your granddaughter today and tell her you are having the doctor fix your teeth so they are as pretty as hers.Tell her you may look a little funny and sound a little funny also.Explain to her you might be sore and have to take some medicine,so your new teeth don hurt.Do not go into details,but tell her.Kids are very smart now a days.She will understand.And you might be surprised on how she will want to help take care of you. BUT DO NOT USE HER VISIT AS AN EXCUSE NOT TO FIX YOUR TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did it with a 8 month old,2 yr old,6yr old,9yr old,11yr old.I did it, and you can do it with a 5yr old.
think of that smile
Stay possitive you are a strong woman,you can do this!!!!!!!!!
As far as getting ready,all you should do is get some soft foods to eat.Easy foods to eat are...eggs,pudding, jello, mashed potatos,yogurt.I drank Ensure for the protiens,minerals and things you will be missing not eating a normal diet.But some motrin,I took it with my pain meds in the begining.
No smoking for atleast 24/48hrs. after your procedure.Do not suck hard,it will give you dry socket.I waited about 20hrs,and was OK.
Please post us when you have the work done today!!!
You are in my thoughts.When you sit down in that chair(1:00 right)today know YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!! We will be right there with you all your Close your eyes and think of us here at this site,think of what we have said to you.Think of your grand daughter.Her cute little smile,as here hair blows in the wind.Before you know it,you will be done!!!
Stay strong!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
(female)

Ariom HB User
Re: EXTRA COURAGE for Ariom

lilmama, Too late. I called my dentist yesterday and she said I should wait, I won't lie to you...I was a bit happy about it, but then she said, it would be better to do after she is gone back to Texas. You can read some of the posts on adjustments to dentures. I have replied there as well. I talked to her yesterday for quite soem time, and the conclusion was too wait. I don't have much to say, because you are right, I should not have cancelled. I should have been strong enough to have gone through this regardless. I am slapping myself in the face right now. Some poeple posted to wait, because it would be hard, but then I thought about you, and I said to myself I could still do it. but Aurora, my student/dentist advised to wait. I shall log on later, right now, I am acting like a child and feeling like...you know what!!!

Thanks for all of your encouragement.....I am such a wuss!!!! I didn't even hesitate when she said lets re-schedule this. I screwed up.

Ariom....

Old 06-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #3
(female)

Ariom HB User

lilmama, I forgot one thing, she said if it were only the uppers she would go ahead and do this, but the school won't let her do that, she has to uppers and full bottoms in one day, and this is another reason, we are not going to do it now.

Ariom...

This rain is depressing, although we needed it. How was your son's birthday, did you all have a great time?? I truly hope so.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #4
(female)

zabeth HB User

Ariom, you're not a wuss! Please don't beat yourself up over putting this off for a few more weeks because you DO have good reason to wait, and you WILL be getting it done soon! Yes, maybe everything would have been alright but at the same time, maybe recovery would have been rough. Better safe than sorry, and it's best that you know you'll feel 100% and can truly enjoy all of the time spent with this precious little girl! The two of you will have a blast, and the dentures won't hold it against you for being made to wait a little bit

Old 06-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
(female)

Ariom HB User

Hi Zabeth.....I can't help but feeling like ..well I can think of a 1000 different words right now. I should have gone through with it. I can't stop thinking about it. I try to tell me myself, I have waited this long, what is a another couple of weeks? I guess I feel like I have let everyone down. I thought and keep thinking I did the best thing for me at this time, considering my situation. Thanks for the kind words. I guess my post was obvious I will try and cheer up, and stop beating up myself over this cancellation. How was your adventure? Thanks again, really, it means alot. I actually cried over it. Pretty sad!

Ariom

Old 06-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
(female)

blueheartlady HB User

Hi Ariom

Don't feel bad about the decision you made to put it off!!!!!! You did what was right for you - you listened to your inner-self and followed your heart! It's like you've already said - you've been on this ride for 2 years now...I don't see where 3-4 more weeks will make a bit of difference...I know how very much it means to you to be 100% for your granddaughter....and truth is truth - you wouldn't have been! I know you would have put up a good front, but it would not have been easy for you...so don't you feel bad. Stop dwelling on it and get ready for lots of hugs and kisses from your beautiful little granddaughter... ....

You might not be getting to go to the beach as soon as she gets there like she requested with all of that rain that you're getting, but it'll pass soon....Atleast, thankfully, this isn't developing into our first hurricane of the year!!! After what we went through here with Katrina...sure not looking forward to seeing any form out there in the gulf!!!!

I just know your bouncing with joy waiting for it to be time to pick her up at the airport!! I'll be thinking about you.. Enjoy every minute of your time with her....

Hugs,
Jackie

Old 06-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #7
(female)

Ariom HB User

Hi Jackie, Thanks for everything, hope I haven't let you down either. talking to you and everyone means the world to me. Yes I am and excited to see my grand-daughter, yeah the weather is ntohing but rain!!! We finally got a break here for about the past 3 hours, it finally stopped raining, but I know there will be more to come. But I am still going to have tons of fun with her, she needed a break from mommy anyways. I spoil her, maybe because I love too, and because she doesn't live around the corner.

Keep posting....and let's hope for a break in this weather...but here in Florida it's rain season and hurricane season anyways. sad thing to say, just use to it by now.

Hugs....and thanks again

Ariom

Old 06-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Something to take into consideration is that the student told you that she would not be available for adjustments because she would be away. That's not good. You need someone there to help you adjust to your new dentures. Especially in the days immediately following your procedure. So that would have been reason enough to postpone. It doesn't make sense that they would leave a patient without care while the student is away. That concerns me about their practice.
Well, too late to cry now anyway. So keep us updated about when your next appt is. She should have scheduled your appt yesterday. She doesn't seem very organized. Is there a supervising dentist that you can talk to when you have questions or worries about the student?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #9
(female)

katzfriend HB User

HI Ariom
you made your decision, now enjoy the next weeks with your granddaughter and try not to worry about your new teeth! I know it will be hard, but try, otherwise it will ruin your time with your granddaughter. I haven't gone through what you will, but believe me, I have worried about upcoming dental procedures when I should have been having fun and enjoying myself. When the time comes, I am sure all will go well and you have so many wonderful supportive people here that can help you with your denture adventure
All my best wishes to you!!!!
Have a wonderful time with your granddaughter

Old 06-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
(female)

Ariom HB User

Yes jackie, I have already talked to her and she will be in available when I get my procedure done, July 5th. There will also be attending professor, for her GRADE...I started this with the school and at this point afterall this time, let me tell ya, I am exhausted. just wanted to let you know that I already have my new appt. It is excatly the same day my grand-daughter leaves on Wed ..she flies back to Dallas in the am...and I have my appt for 1pm. They always give you 1pm, I would rather do it in the morning, but not going to complain now. But I am going to talk to someone when I go up there. Yes a supervisor or someone in charge of there dental clinic. Have a good one.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
(female)

Ariom HB User

HI there. Nice of you to include some words of encouragement. I started feeling really bad this morning. but as you say, I am going to enjoy the time I have with her. I know I won't be seeing her again until 2007. They grow up so fast. Yeah I know I am going to be going through alot, but in reality I am looking forward to it. I have not smiled without putting my hands over my mouth in years. I cannot wait to have that confidence back!!! Thanks again for your kind post, and Have a great afternoon.

Ariom

Closed Thread