It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User
Invisalign Braces..anyone?

Anyone had any experience with these? I am interested in getting them, as I had normal braces from when I was 11 to 14 and I'm now 27 and my overbite has grown considerably since getting them off all those years ago. Like, I don't like my smile as when I smile, the top front 6 or so teeth look like they're very prominent and don't go over my bottom lip or anything, but they just stand out. I hate it! When I bite down, there's enough space between the front top teeth and the bottom teeth to place my finger (2nd finger) easily. Just in the front middle area. When you go back a few teeth, they meet properly again.

I do NOT want normal braces again. They were bad enough the first time!

Anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to stevie_23 For This Useful Post:
lori1 (10-19-2012)
Old 06-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
(male)

Braced Face HB User
Re: Invisalign Braces..anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie_23
Anyone had any experience with these? I am interested in getting them, as I had normal braces from when I was 11 to 14 and I'm now 27 and my overbite has grown considerably since getting them off all those years ago. Like, I don't like my smile as when I smile, the top front 6 or so teeth look like they're very prominent and don't go over my bottom lip or anything, but they just stand out. I hate it! When I bite down, there's enough space between the front top teeth and the bottom teeth to place my finger (2nd finger) easily. Just in the front middle area. When you go back a few teeth, they meet properly again.

I do NOT want normal braces again. They were bad enough the first time!

Anyone?
hi , if your like me an had a very deep overbite that can't be fixed with invisalign, only light case can , an in most case's a lot of folks with them still end up with metal braces to finish up things at the end

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
(female)

velvet rose HB User

I'm interested in getting invisible braces because my lower jaw has grown too far out. It's not bad, but it does annoy me. But, I'm starting to find that invisible braces are used in rare cases which sucks. They serve no purpose if they can't be used to fix the majority of cases.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

NitroChic HB User

Hey Stevie

I dont know how long ago itr was that you got your braces off, but when I had mine, I also went through therapy to retrain me how to rest my tongue in my mouth. if you totally relax, I bet your tongue is resting on the back of your teeth right? Train yourself to rest it in the ridge behind your teeth....
You can get a retainer now that is simply just one wire, like you had as a kid, and it can bring them back in place.. you need to make sure your tongue doesnt continue to push the teeth forward.

Closed Thread