It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
(male)

lee2686 HB User
Wisdom teeth/pain complications

Hey, I got my final pair of braces off about 4 years ago, and I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out around the same time, when I was 16. Also, I was given a mouthpiece to wear after my last visit to the orthodontist.

Well I never got my wisdom teeth out, pretty much because I have REALLY bad anxiety about going to the dentist. And I know that I need to especially now because I am almost positive that my teeth are moving. My teeth are constantly in pain, especially on the right side of my mouth. I wake up and have headaches and the pain radiates on the right side of my head. I am going to see the dentist in the next few weeks to set up my wisdom teeth removal, but I am not sure whether to keep on wearing the mouth piece I've had for 4 years or what? There is a metal piece that now sticks into the upper right back side of my gums, I guess from my teeth moving, and causes me pain, and I'm not even sure if I'm still supposed to be wearing it anymore. I know the best thing to do is to get it over with, but does all of this sound like normal complications with waiting to get your wisdom teeth extracted?

I can tell my teeth move, pain around my jaw, and side of face, sometimes pain in my neck. Thanks for any help or recommendations.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2006, 04:50 AM   #2
(female)

corricatt HB User
Re: Wisdom teeth/pain complications

Lee,

I hope that the pain your having isn't that bad. You should think positive about getting the teeth out because it's the right thing to do.

It'll be a couple days of discomfort, sure. But think of the time and money spent on the ortho! Just think: what's a coupla days of ache for a lifetime worth of a beautiful smile!

And remember, you can always take a pain reliever. Most importantly:

DO NOT SMOKE!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
(female)

aldena99 HB User
Re: Wisdom teeth/pain complications

I was also supposed to have all my wisdom teeth removed as soon as my braces came off (many years ago). I wish I had listened back then. I'm 34 now & I had no choice than to get my wisdom teeth out recently because I had 2 impacted wisdom teeth, one on the top right and the one with the most problem on the bottom left which was horizontal. It began to push my teeth causing pain on one of my lower front teeth which I have to go see a Periodontist to get it taken care of. And also, my teeth aren't as not as straight anymore .

The sooner you have your wisdom teeth out, the easier it'll be for you.

Closed Thread