It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

NYtoTN HB User
Update on my Mini Implant Dentures

I had my surgery on May16. But my bone is not yet healled enought to hold the implants. 4 implants were put in on May 16 and today only one have taken.
I had one that was very painful. I went to the dentist today because of the pain. When I had to remove the denture for the dentist I felt a sharpe pain and the entire implant came out with the denture. So he said that he has to remove the other 2 implants that are loose. There is only one good implant so far. That can stay. He said that we have to wait for the bone to heal from the extractions before any more implants can be placed. So it looks like a long road ahead of me with these implants.

On the brighter side, I am finally getting used to the partial lower denture.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User
Re: Update on my Mini Implant Dentures

I am so sorry to hear this. When it comes time to get your implants again would the regular kind be better as they are longer? Just a thought. Also how long has your Doctor been placing implants and his success rate? This is important for overall sucess. Again so sorry and my prayers are with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Hi Anita... unfortunately I'm a bit too far into this process to start asking questions. I did ask how sucessful the procedure was before I went through with it. And they told me that most people loved them. I should have asked more questions. I've seen this office advertise their MDI implants for some time. Which is why I went to them. I guess I don't have too many options now. It's all paid for. So there is no way I could afford to call it off or go anywhere else.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:44 AM   #4
(female)

Ariom HB User

Good morning NYtoTN.....haven't been on-line, been so busy with my grand-daughter, and let me tell you, I am so happy I didn't get my dentures yet, wouldn't have been able to have all the fun I am having with her.

I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through, I hope you find the solution you are looking for. This is another reason, I was so confused, so many people telling you what to do, but once you do it, there is turning back and getting 2nd or perhaps 3rd opinions. Now I ahve tons of time for resaerch and have been talking to several dentist. This taken my fears and confusion away. Just wanted to stop in and say HI!!!!!

I am thinking about you, and all my friends here, who have been supportive and informative.

Have a great weekend.
Ariom

Old 06-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Hi Ariom
I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your grand-daughter. I can't wait for my grandsons to come here for a visit this summer. Grandbabies are the best!
It's also good that you are doing more research with other dentists. Now when you are ready, you will have all the info you need.
Keep in touch and let us now what you plan to do.
Have a great weekend.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
(female)

Ariom HB User

Hi there NYtoTN....They are wonderful, and the company is great!!! Time flies so fast, I remember the day she got here, now I only have 1 week left with her.. But I am enjoying it!!!!!

I hope everythign works our with your mini implants, keep in touch and let me know. I have not seen lilmama on line anymore, I guess I will send a message. I hope everyone I have spoken too, and everyone that has listened and help me is doing well.

Talk to you soon.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:31 PM   #7
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Hi Ariom
I'm glad to hear that all is going well with you. Let us know when you plan to start your dental work. We'll all be here for you.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:38 AM   #8

ladypilot HB User

you should see the teeth on [removed] they are incredible

[Do not post websites with forums or advertising etc. Please read more about this by clicking the "Posting Rules" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 06-29-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Closed Thread