It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

LittleJanet HB User
Yellowed caps.

I really want to have a good smile, but sometimes I feel like no matter what I do I'll never get there. When I was ten I got into an accident and (luckily) the only injury I had was my two front teeth were broken off pretty high up. Well, at the time I was told that I needed temporary caps because my mouth wasn't finished growing. Then this past year they took the temporary caps out and put in permanent ones.

My problem? They're so ugly! There's a bit of a gap between them, and they're rather yellow - and partly that's my fault. For many months before I got the caps replaced I was in a lot of pain 'cause of a) wisdom teeth and b) the nerve of the teeth I got the caps on had gotten infected and I needed a root canal. So I wasn't going anywhere near my mouth with a toothbrust. I had a hard enough time eating. But the point is, when I got the caps my dentist picked an unattractive color.

My question - am I stuck with this? Is there anything I can do short of getting the caps replaced? And if I get the caps replaced, that's cosmetic, right, and I'm gonna have to pay out of pocket, right? I'm a poor college student. I don't want to wait until I'm 30 to get a nice smile.

Closed Thread