It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User
prothsodontist said 6500 for snap in uppers and partial. Anyone have snap ins?

They already gave me the care credit for that amt. He wants to do 4 implants and snap in on top (overdenture), reg partial on bottom. I dunno...insurance will not even pay.

So anyone have snap ins? How do you like them??? I would still have a partial palet and 4 implant holes for them to snap into..He also said I would never have to go without teeth.

Think I'll look around though...

He didn't want to leave my back teeth off my partial or a regular denture upper, and said I have destroyed the ones I have (yes, sorta-but I like them better) He also said I should have kept my lower canines-as now I have to get a NEW partial-which ins. only pays once every 5 yrs I guesse...for that. I did not know!! I think He can add teeth to the old one, but I also think I need a new one..destroyed that pretty much, too hacking back teeth off.

UGH!! I HATE this!!

Last edited by wintersun; 06-23-2006 at 07:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User
Re: prothsodontist said 6500 for snap in uppers and partial. Anyone have snap ins?

Well you know I don't have snap in teeth but will tell you from all I have researched that implants will save your bones from deteriorating further. I hope that you find a solution that will make you finally happy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
(female)

NYtoTN HB User
Re: prothsodontist said 6500 for snap in uppers and partial. Anyone have snap ins?

I have MDI mini implants which are snap in type dentures. Well, I sort of have them. I had them implanted when I had my extractions. The dentist put in bone filler and the implants. But only one implant took. The others have to be removed because they are very loose. Actually one fell out when I took out the denture. So tuesday I have to go back and he will remove all of the loose implants and I have to wait for my bone to heal from the extractions before the implants can be replaced.
But if you have already had your extractions, your bone should be healed and ready to accept the implants. I think they are great.... as long as they work.
I'm glad that at least one implant took because my dentures are really loose and that one implant is what keep them from falling out sometimes.
If you are having problems with your dentures... especially if you dislike the palate, then go for the implants. You don't need a palate in your dentures if you have the implants.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoTN
I have MDI mini implants which are snap in type dentures. Well, I sort of have them. I had them implanted when I had my extractions. The dentist put in bone filler and the implants. But only one implant took. The others have to be removed because they are very loose. Actually one fell out when I took out the denture. So tuesday I have to go back and he will remove all of the loose implants and I have to wait for my bone to heal from the extractions before the implants can be replaced.
But if you have already had your extractions, your bone should be healed and ready to accept the implants. I think they are great.... as long as they work.
I'm glad that at least one implant took because my dentures are really loose and that one implant is what keep them from falling out sometimes.
If you are having problems with your dentures... especially if you dislike the palate, then go for the implants. You don't need a palate in your dentures if you have the implants.
He said he could horseshoe it out a little bit, but I thought no palate if you had snao ins???

Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
(female)

Taobeemr HB User

Wow.... I am having two implants/crowns on the lower jaw and 6 MDI mini implants with snap-in upper "premium" denture, including the ten extractions- total was $4300 at Affordable Dentures. My implants are done for the lower jaw, and after 6 months, I get the upper implants done. In the meantime, I'm wearing my immediates. After about $30K over the years, I went to a well-known Dental School for an honest opinion. The final straw was when the Dean told me that most of my root canals would eventually "go bad". I threw in the towel, and it was the best decision I ever made. The funny thing is, although my teeth were bad, my jaw is rock solid, because two implants broke off when screwed in-but my dentist says that is OK, it will help preserve the bone anyway. I am one happy camper.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #6
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Taobeemr, I am also using Afforable Dentures. May I ask where you are located? I am in Nashville,TN. The dentist did not wait to put the upper implants in my jaw when I had the extractions and as a result all but one implant remained loose and had to be removed. I now have to wait for the bone to heal before the implants can be placed. I now have the immediate denture with soft lining. I will be getting the premium package as well. I'm wondering why the dentist didn't wait the six months before attempting to place the upper implants like your dentist did. I hate that I have to go through the procedure twice along with having the first implants removed. I hope this guy knows what he is doing.
It also concerned me that he never x-rayed the implants to see what was going on with them when they were not tightening up. Did your dentist ever x-ray your jaw or implants during any of the procedures?

Old 06-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoTN
. I hope this guy knows what he is doing.
It also concerned me that he never x-rayed the implants to see what was going on with them when they were not tightening up. Did your dentist ever x-ray your jaw or implants during any of the procedures?
OH! He didn't x-ray you? Mine certainly did.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #8
(female)

Taobeemr HB User

NYtoTN: The Affordable Dentures I use is in Maryland, on the Eastern Shore. From what I understand, they are somewhat independently owned, and the prices can vary between clinics. I had xrays taken after the implants, and she was pleased with the result, and said that the crowns would be placed in a couple of weeks. I think the lower implants were done first, because the gums were already healed from two earlier extractions. She wants the upper gums to heal, and then we do the upper denture with implants. Could your situation have anything to do with the condition of your bones? Are they soft, or were the implants the problem? I really feel for you, and hope you can find some answers. I would ask your dentist why the Implants fell out. Also, I know that some dentists do implants right after extractions-one clinic that does this is called "Teeth in a Day". Please let us know what you find out.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
(female)

NYtoTN HB User

Thanks for the input ladies. I have an appt tomorrow morning to get the last 2 loose implants removed. I will have only one left. And then I have to wait until the bone heals from the extractions. The dentist said he put bone filler in with the implants but they didn't take. So I don't know what will be the outcome.
I had to get the dentures because almost all my teeth were root canaled and the teeth were deteriorating under the roundhouse of crowns that I had. So I had no choice but to take out the teeth.
I'm really worried about this dentist. How could he know what is going on with the implants without x-rays? I'll have to ask.

Closed Thread