It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

alexals33 HB User
Oh my God! Feedback anyone?

It is almost 2 am here and this pain is unbearable and reading all of the posts about a tooth abscess is scaring me. I called my doctor's office emergency #, the witch woman (not my regular dr.) on call just called me back.
She said, "do you know I was asleep...It is a Saturda night at 2 am..what are you doing calling me?". I said - I'm sorry...I am in EXTREME pain...My dentist wouldn't call in an antibiotic on Friday and I think I need one today. She goes, "no, I want you to answer me as to why you are calling at 2 in the morning". Then she went on and I was crying - I said- forget it- I will just go to the ER. She said, "that's what you should do" and I hung up.
Is that not unfair/awful treatment? That makes me sick a dr. can act that way and get away it.
Guess I have no choice but to go to the ER now...

Old 06-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NitroChic HB User
Re: Oh my God! Feedback anyone?

Please understand what I am saying is all in hind sight, but just get to the ER... I am currently on my 2nd week of IV antibiotics after two surgical debridments on my jaw... you think it hurts now?????? Im STILL UP AT 2AM...it can only get worse if you dont just get it taken care of RIGHT AWAY.
I am currently in danger of developing menengitis ( brain infection) aand losing my jaw.... PLEASE dont play with bad teeth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

1) When you read this, report her to whatever the local body is. Each area has different boards of review. Definitely tell your experience to your usual dentist.

2) Switch dentists. Telling you to wait while he goes out of town?! My dentist will always send me to someone else.

3) Nitro is right. Get to the ER. When it becomes an infection, it is no longer just dentistry. You may need to see an oral surgeon, you will need antibiotics. Bone infections are not fun!

Old 06-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
(female)

zabeth HB User

I agree with Altari, and I can't stress this enough - report her. You called the emergency number because you had an emegency, and it blows my mind that a doctor who is on call *per her job duty* would have the gall to speak to you that way! But count it as a blessing in disguise - if she's that incompetant on the phone, I'd hate to find out what she's like when she's got access to my mouth! But please please please report her - the reason they think they can get away with it is because people dont report.

I hope you are feeling better, and you've gotten some relief. I've had to ride a few infections out in the past and I feel for you. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemies!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
(female)

komiafla HB User

Just wondering the outcome of Alexa33 dental experience?? I recently started with an implant due to a failed root canal. It apparently was leaking slowly, I had no pain but it felt sort of swollen. I expressed this to Dentist at least 3 times, but he just said it was fine...now several yrs later It totally swelled up and I was getting really bad severe headaches, feeling really tired...
Now I have a new female Dentist much better. I have been on antibiotics for months now. The tooth had to be pulled. But the endo dentist is a guy...not so sure he knows what he's doing. He never told me the risk of the dental material he's using. I now, in hind site think I should of shopped around for alternate opinions. He pulled the molar in question (tooth # 14) he said it had a cyst on it.. (and it did look as if it did have). Has anybody had any simular experiences with this kind of problem?
Thanks, komiafla

Closed Thread