It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
(female)

jillyga HB User
Angry Gum Problems, Help Please!

Hello, I am having some problems with my gums and I am really concerned. About two months ago the top right side of my mouth started to turn very red, bled upon brushing (or any slight pressure), and was excrutiatingly painful. Then it unfortunately moved to the lower half of the same side, then to the whole other side of the mouth, until my mouth was one big mess of unbearable pain! I started to develop little white canker sore looking things, and my lymph nodes were very swollen--I did a little internet research and found that with some of my symptoms I could have mono--So i got the test and it was positive. My father is very into the holistic health field, and he suggested that my mouth problems were probably an offshoot of the mono, and that the virus was just playing around with my mouth. However, before I found that I had contracted mono--I visited the periodontist and he said he wasn't sure if it was ANUG (acute necrotitis ulcerative gingevitis--sorry for the misspelling, aka Trench Mouth, YUCK), or Oral Herpes (that i could have contracted from simply kissing someone--ah!) Well, the whole mouth thing cleared up in two painful weeks, and it had been two whole months since I had seen any sign of anything in my mouth, until the other night when I noticed some redness on one part of my gum...sure enough it has spread to the whole side of my mouth, and now to the other side. I am very concerned, because since I had my first encounter with the gum/mouth problems two months ago, I have been brushing twice a day, for three minutes each, making sure I get into the cracks, AND i have been flossing if not twice then once a day. I have also been using a mouth rinse--a holistic one, which seemed to help my gums heal after my first encounter with this mess. ANYWAYS, i'm just trying to figure out WHAT IS GOING ON HERE! Has anyone ever experienced this or something like it?? I would go back to the dentist/periodontist, but it seemed as if he had NO CLUE what was wrong...This gum inflammation is really irritating and seems to creep up and spread within hours-days! I need advice, please someone, anyone!

Thank you!!!

-Jill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread