It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
(female)

rainbow_mandi HB User
Convinced I need treatment - paranoid

This is a bit of a silly question, but does anyone else get really paranoid about the state of their teeth, despite taking good care of them and not having needed any treatment recently? I am constantly worrying that I need fillings doing despite not having one for seven years and in total only having two. I brush my teeth 5 or 6 times a day, see my dentist every six months but I am still paranoid about it. Just wondered if anyone else felt the same?

Old 06-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

aweeze HB User
Re: Convinced I need treatment - paranoid

Oh god yeh, im kinda like that too! always worrying about my teeth and gums, so no you definately arent on your own!... You do have a few advantages over me tho! you have a dentist! i'm not sure on why they threw me off there books im sure i need something done to my teeth. lol Better nt get me started.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #3

ladypilot HB User

go to [removed] and you will see what happens if you don't take care of your teeth

[Do not list websites with forums or advertising etc. Please read more about this by clicking the "Posting Rules" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 06-29-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
(female)

rainbow_mandi HB User

Oh I don't need telling what will happen, even with a decent diet, avoiding added sugar, brushing well and regular dental visits I am just convinced they've overlooked major work to be done and I will end up toothless!!

Old 07-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
(female)

Eve_8 HB User

I am the same way. I went to a bad dentist and ended up losing two teeth that I don't think that I should of. I think he just wanted the easy way out by pulling them instead of fixing them and I trusted him. They are in the back and I plan to get implants as soon as my finances allow, but now I am so paranoid about losing another tooth that everytime I feel the littlest pain in my teeth I call the dentist. I also take good care of my teeth and frequently visit the dentist, but things still seem to go wrong for me.

Currently, I think I have a cavity in the front of a tooth that already has a filling and my appointment is not until Friday. I am so worried that my dentist is going to suggest a root canal (which is how I lost my first tooth and I also had a root canal on another tooth that has failed twice and that I have had surgery on.) I just want my teeth to be healthy and left alone.

I am so scared of ending up toothless as well.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
(female)

katzfriend HB User

Hi, I feel the same way. For years I went to an incompetent dentist that told me my teeth were fine. When he retired and I went to a new dentist I was told that I had gum disease, needed a root canal and had an abscess under a root canaled crowned tooth (from a car accident, four front teeth are treated that way). So now I am really paranoid. I don't want to end up having to wear a partial denture because I won't be able to afford lots of implants. I brush really good twice a day and floss and try to avoid sugar, don't drink soda etc. but I think I will always be paranoid about my teeth now.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
(female)

BettyRides HB User

You're definitely not the only one. I'm constantly worrying about my teeth and gums. It's bordering on an unhealthy obsession. I think I have a phobia of gum recession and Peridontal disease. And if my teeth and gums seem fine, I think sometimes I try and find something wrong with them. I didn't use to be like this though. It all started when I had my wisdom teeth removed and my gums started bleeding because I kept using this prescription mouthwash that I was supposed to stop about a week earlier. That being said, I've never had a cavity or filling.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #8
(female)

Eve_8 HB User

It's good to see that I am not the only one. I also never used to be like this. I had a dentist phobia for a long time and stayed away from the dentist after a bad experience with a root canal. But then I had a toothache and I had to go. The guy said my tooth needed to be pulled and that was it. No root canal, no attempt to save it. I am still so angry that I listened to him. Now I am missing my two back teeth on the bottom left side. However I was able to keep the wisdom tooth back there, because of all the room, so it is only like missing one tooth. You cannot see that the teeth are missing, but I know that they are. I have a partial that I wear at night, just to hold the space until I can afford implants. My dentist thinks that I should get a bridge, but they have to shave down and crown the healthy teeth on either side and I do not like the sound of that.

Also, I am feeling pain on my tooth next to the empty space when it is touched near the gumline and the tooth already has a filling, so I am fearing ROOT CANAL! I cannot afford a crown right now, so I am so scared. If it does need a root canal. I will have to pay for the crown plus the cost of readjusting the partial to clamp to the crown. If I can't afford it I could lose the tooth and my teeth can start to move because of the big space. I am so angry because I have been going to the dentist religiously for the past 4 years and I have always brushed twice a day, flossed, and used mouthwash. I do not know why this stuff keeps happening to me. I was just told by the denstist two weeks ago that I had no cavities. I was so happy and then bam my tooth starts to hurt.

Thanks for listening.

Closed Thread