It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
(female)

NYtoTN HB User
Question Questions about denture adhesive

Today I tried Poligrip for the first time. It was fine until I removed the denture and tried to get the stuff off the roof of my mouth.. ..Yuck! Is there an easy way to remove that stuff? It didn't rinse off, it wouldn't brush off . It took forever to pick it off . It wasn't easy to get it off the denture either. But it was worse trying to get it off the roof of my mouth. Does anyone have any tips for removing adhesive?
I've been hearing about a denture adhesive called Secure. It is suposed to last for 4 days. Has anyone ever heard of it or tried it? I Googled it and the description I found was....

Easy to apply.
TITLE: Secure Cushion Grip Denture Adhesive Thermoplastic denture adhesive

One application holds dentures up to 4 full days! Cushion Grip Denture Adhesive controls loose dentures by reducing looseness and shifting and a single application lasts up to 4 days of daily cleaning, soaking, and brushing. Won't wash off in water. Even after repeated cleaning, Cushion Grip Denture Adhesive remains soft and pliable. . . Recreates a secure seal each time you reinsert your dentures. Cushion grip Denture Adhesive is SAFE for all plastic and porcelain plates.

I don't understand how this can work. And I can just imagine how difficult it is to remove. Maybe I'll ask my dentist about it.
I don't think that anything can be worse than the experience I had tonight.
Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

crisma HB User
Re: Questions about denture adhesive

I have tried so many things to get the adhesive off, but the best way I found was to take the dentures out, brush them, and then rub a paper towel on them. It really does help get the adhesive off. It sticks to the paper towel and comes off real easy. Also the drier the dentures are when you put on the adhesive, the better they will stick. So the paper towel works great 2 ways! Also the warmer the water, when you are cleaning them, the easier the adhesive comes off.

That would be great if it really did last for 4 days. I might have to check into that myself!

Don't let the adhesive get to you. It is a pain in the butt, but when you get the routine down that works for you, it isn't that time consuming.

Good luck!
Cristie

Old 06-28-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
(female)

blueheartlady HB User

Good morning NYtoTN....
I use Fixodent Control w/Scope...It holds really good, and is easy to remove...I always just use warm water and have no problem at all....

Jackie

Old 06-29-2006, 05:34 AM   #4
(female)

lilmama5of6 HB User

Hello NY/TN
You finally need to use adhesive.....Isn't it gross.....I have played around with a couple of different kinds....poligrip I think was the strongest hold,and the hardest to remove for your mouth.Fixodent is not as sticky....I had to use more of it to keep my teeth in,but it was ALOT easier to clean...I think the better it holds the dentures in the harder is is to remove that junk for the roof of your mouth.I do not know if I would want to try Secure grip......It would take for ever to get it out of your mouth.If you can get some smaller tubes(travel type) and try a couple of different kinds.I still have not figured the correct amount for me......To clean it out of my mouth, I use a soft dry wash cloth......
Have is every thing going?Any luck with your implants?
how do your extraction look?Mine are healing but some of them are still big holes..
Good luck in your DENTURE ADVENTURE
How do you know if someone has a set of bad dentures????
It comes out in conversation...

Old 07-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User
Talking Re: Questions about denture adhesive

I use fixodent powder AND the fixodent cream.(will cut down on the sore spots IMMENSLEY -I use it as a cushion) At night I rub some toilet paper over my gums to get it all. it might take two or three times, but if your mouth is dry, it just kinda rolls off, then you can grab it-take the rest off, then you can get it all..
We go through A LOT of toilet paper-lol! It would be a great invention if someone made wipes to get all that stuff off- HA Dry, but could grab it, too!
If you get it wet, you are asking for trouble- it will take you 30 mins to brush it off ( AND will kill you) more for just the warm water- what we NEED is denture wipes-get it all off in one scoop-THEN rinse!!! Impossible-ha! All you inventors- TAKE NOTE-ha ha -Denture lovers will LOVE YOU!!! ha ha

[Please do not use cuss/slang words. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 07-02-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Closed Thread